Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Cyberpussy

No guilt felt over watching that spoiler video. Not sure what difficulty that was, but he didn't seem to pose much of a threat. The most damage taken off seemed to be around 50 health.

So, in other words, the classic Cybie would easily rip the 2016 Cybie a new one.

(Didn't watch the video BTW)

HavoX said:

So, in other words, the classic Cybie would easily rip the 2016 Cybie a new one.

They act like completely different monsters. Classic Cybie is a tank while this one with a fast acting acrobat with a bag of tricks.

Job said:

No guilt felt over watching that spoiler video. Not sure what difficulty that was, but he didn't seem to pose much of a threat. The most damage taken off seemed to be around 50 health.

That's the issue. They should have just made him his classic, lumbering hit-sponge with heavily damaging rockets in a wide arena with obstacles. I think creators are afraid kids will get bored if a boss doesn't have a million little stages and tricks. The Hell boss is essentially the same thing. The Spider was a really intense battle, though. But suffers from multiple weaker weapons and stages instead of heavy weaponry and statistic cover.

HavoX said:

Maybe, but the classic one was more of a literal tank.

Spoiler

I thought it was really disappointing he was only in it once, despite being shown off several times before the games release in different environments

The Doom 3 Cyberdemon wasn't Classic, either, to be fair. Someone had to mod it to have extra health and be damagable by non-SoulCube weapons to make him feel classic.

I could circle strafe 2 cyberdemons, he was not that difficult to begin with if you know how to fight him.

I felt the boss fights were challenging enough. Yeah, I was kind of disappointed there was only one cyberdemon, but it didn't bother me too much overall.

I thought he was a great boss fight, much better than the Doom 3 cyberdemon. I mean, the Doom 2016 cyberdemon actually posed a challenge. I was only disappointed that he didn't have the same death animation as the classic Doom cybie. After all that fighting all you get is same lame glory kill? I was hoping for an explosion of blood and gore leaving behind only a bloody hoof and a rocket launcher.

IDK.

The Classic was literally a tank with a cyborg minotaur skin. A bullet sponge with rocket launcher. That's it. Circle strafing was pretty easy for me.

The new Cyberdemon is pretty badass. Sure, its not a bullet sponge, but it is fast.

Wasn't that one of the main goals of the game? Fast Paced Action? This new Cybie doea just that.

Really, if it wasn't so fast, it would basically be a giant rocket launching Mancubus.

What makes Cybie a real threat is when there are other enemies around him for you to contend with, at least on Classic. Those Lost Souls in Tower of Barrel on higher difficulties are pretty much there to make the rocket launcher risky.

I liked the new Cyberdemon fight. Not only did it have 2 stages, but its attack set was pretty varied, and if you didn't watch your step, you could be easily kicking the bucket.

Personally, I died around 10 times during that fight on UV, and I don't think I'm a weak FPS player.

Would've been cool if after the first stage he didn't revive instantly, instead took his time and came back later in the game bigger and more hellish. He was just some sort of caged animal in this. The fight was cool and challenging for me though.

MetroidJunkie said:

The Doom 3 Cyberdemon wasn't Classic, either, to be fair. Someone had to mod it to have extra health and be damagable by non-SoulCube weapons to make him feel classic.

In the co-op mode on the xbox version there was no soul cube and you had to kill it with guns. That mode and the fact imp fire balls were easier to dodge by ducking were the only things worth playing it for.

I actually had trouble with the Cyberdemon on the second phase, and then, BAM, the power went out, and my save corrupted.

Played through the game again, and got to the boss again, and beated him.

He's actually a threat to me now, Including the Cacodemon.

Him suddenly disappearing instantly is the worst part of that video tbh. It makes sense for smaller monsters but bosses?!

Pegg said:

Him suddenly disappearing instantly is the worst part of that video tbh. It makes sense for smaller monsters but bosses?!

There's a good reason to it. They don't want to make a huge monster that moves slowly and looks dull in movement. The Dhalsim technique makes perfect sense. Same reason applied flipping agility to Spider Mastermind.

MetroidJunkie said:

What makes Cybie a real threat is when there are other enemies around him for you to contend with, at least on Classic. Those Lost Souls in Tower of Barrel on higher difficulties are pretty much there to make the rocket launcher risky.

tower of barrel has a lot of snapmap potential :)

the rocket projectiles are too tiny compared to the classic, imo.

I just finished the Cyberdemon fight.
It was epic as hell, and the new design has grown on me a lot.
So yeah, I like the new Cyberdemon.

The new designs for the Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind I liked well enough, but the actual fights themselves were a bit too easy compared to the rest of the game on Ultra-Violence. but perhaps they are significantly tougher on the Nightmare modes. I also found that I had a harder time dodging the original Cyberdemons projectiles than the new ones, speeding the attacks up slightly could have made the fight a bit tougher.