Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HavoX

New NVIDIA Drivers are out, optimized for DOOM

Changed the thread title because I found the old one to be misleading.

I usually don't update my graphic drivers either, but this is one occasion I made an exception for...

What's weird is since I'm running Doom on a laptop, it can't do more than 10 FPS on low settings...I don't know if these would help because mine is a GeForce GTX 860M and seemingly every "series" but the 800 series is listed on the website!

EDIT: Oh, mine wouldn't even be there anyways sibce the "m" series are for laptops...the ones here are for computers...this sucks but Doom could run at a much better frameate than ~10-14FPS on a desktop computer anyways...

It's also bad they haven't updated the "m" series' Game Ready Drivers since February!

I've been worried about upgrading my drivers since the big shitstorm with faulty drivers a few months ago. I'm on 362.00 and not going any further until I get confirmation the new drivers won't cock up my PC.

I had like one crash on my first playthrough, updating to these drivers seemed to fix whatever went awry.

Apparently SLI is still broken, but will be fixed soon:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52118/sli-support-coming-doom-id-software-provides-4k-performance-tips/index.html

I'm running DOOM maxed out at 4k, ultra settings, full TSAA 8x AA on my (2) Titan X gpu's, with latest DOOM-optimized NVidia drivers, and it runs really, really damn good. There is very, very minor texture popin on occasion, and there are parts where the framerate somewhat has a noticeable dip (the greenhouse area especially), but I honestly feel like its running 100fps+ most of the time, and it sure had me fooled that SLI was still not working.

Guess there's still some really huge improvements to come during the next game patch.

Full SLI support (guess I would have never known it was broken until they told me it was, tho), true campaign co-op, and just simple free-for-all deathmatch, and add lighting effects/texture correction in the classic DOOM maps are pretty much the only touch up's this game needs. Other than that, it's perfect.

I spoke too soon; Looking at Steam's news about DOOM, I saw "Windows 10 x64 notebook"; Although only people that accepted the upgrade or got the new Windows can use them, here is the link to the laptop/notebook drivers.

EDIT: Oh my, updating my drivers, the game now can run at 30 60 FPS..on my laptop!