Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fever

/IDGAMES TextGenerator.php Source Code

Hey, i'm interested on getting the /IDGAMES TextGenerator.php Source Code, i'm trying to make it work out of the box, but no luck at all.
Could i get the source code?

Are you referring to the idgames format text file generator? And why isn't it open source?

Fever said:

Hey, i'm interested on getting the /IDGAMES TextGenerator.php Source Code, i'm trying to make it work out of the box, but no luck at all.
Could i get the source code?

Ctrl-U.

Does it reveal the entire generator? Or does it merely post the form data to a remote URL HTTP request?

Nowadays it'd probably make more sense to let the generator run client-side, should be easy to fart something out quickly with AngularJS or whatever.

Why do you even need a TXT file generator? Those files already exist on the /idgames mirrors. You download the TXT file and there you are. It's not like they're database entries that are dynamically assembled (maybe the PHP front-end does that, but originally they're just static files).

boris said:

Nowadays it'd probably make more sense to let the generator run client-side, should be easy to fart something out quickly with AngularJS or whatever.

Probably. In any event writing a Doom WAD text file generator is incredibly straightforward - you just line-break strings at 50 columns or whatever, and then left-pad each line.