Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Astewart41

All your Doom DM maps are belong to ICLDM mod (read please)

I need some DM maps for my ICLDM mod, I want DOOM deathmatch maps if possible, and not too complicated, a good example would be something like Danzig, obviously, this will be ported to Half-Life format for the DM mod, however, I GUARANTEE that it will be 100% true to the original form, minus the OpenGL lighting effects and weapons (obviously).

I am already porting Danzig to this, since it's my favorite Deathmatch map I've ever played, however, I'd like to see some of your maps! I will give the author of the deathmatch map full credit, and credit myself only for porting it if it's not my own map.

And if any additional textures are being used, please specify this so I may extract the textures with WinTex and import them into a Wadfile.

You can contact me at AJS2254 (AIM) or Astewart41@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!
Andy

You can't use id Software's resources (textures, etc.) in a Half-life mod. It' illegal.

This is a DM map pack.

I guess you're right, maybe I won't use the Doom2 textures, but, I can legally, however, reproduce their levels, provided it is by hand, and not exported/imported directly.

Check out the freedoom resources when you can, they are attempting to make a free iwad that loosely imitates the original, so it might be just what you need. I think most of the textures and flats for it are finished. Presently they are looking for a new host, since the prevoius host (arioch) had to move. If you're in a hurry ask around here someone may be able to send you the files.

Astewart41 said:

I guess you're right, maybe I won't use the Doom2 textures, but, I can legally, however, reproduce their levels, provided it is by hand, and not exported/imported directly.

once again illegal

That's wrong. John Carmack (in his email) expressly told me (along with Todd) that levels made BY HAND, are perfectly legitimate and legal, they have no grasp on what I do, provided it is MY work, not theirs. Like I said, according to John and Todd, textures that I just export from the IWad are illegal and they will not give me permission to do so. But levels that I do are legal and they gave me that permission.

Anyways, It'll be a while before I do all of them, the first map pack will be 5 levels from 3 games, and an additional 5 "jumbled" levels (which are basically mixed maps for fun).

I'll release the full Doom2 theme pack some other day. However, mark my words... It WILL be done.