Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caine

Doom is too much Quake

nah this is no spam or whatever. i know Doom 3 was already very SCI-FI but Doom 3 is a doom for its own in my opinion. Doom 4/2016 is so far again too Sci-Fi i think. I expected (not after E3 anymore) a mixture like the classic dooms again with old cathedralstyles, sci fi maps, hellmaps etc. but now you got scifi maps + hellmaps. also the weapons are all scifi modern, yeah i know people come and say why you have a classic shotgun in the future.... ahhh i hate that everything needs to be REALISTIC and not fun anymore.

i dunno what makes Quake different looking from Doom, id did it themselves but i would have wished a more unique personality from DOOM again instead of more generic scifi look.

Oh come on. So you want doom to be not doom? In fact, Quake is more primitive, It focuses more on magic, eldritch horrors, and time travel. Notice the lack of sci-fi weapons on quake? The cathedral styles are more quake than doom. They are the mainstay in quake 1.

And why wouddn't you have a shotgun in a doom game? or in the future? And Doom? REALISTIC? HAH!

HellVain said:

And why wouddn't you have a shotgun in a doom game? or in the future? And Doom? REALISTIC? HAH!

i dont mean the shotgun sucks, i mean the designs are all to oscifi, check classic dooms they had some classic shotguns.
Doom looks now since doom3 like a generic scifi shooter and i dunno where it looks different than Quake 3 etc.
Classic dooms had a more UNIQUE design/artwork.

Caine said:

i dont mean the shotgun sucks, i mean the designs are all to oscifi, check classic dooms they had some classic shotguns.
Doom looks now since doom3 like a generic scifi shooter and i dunno where it looks different than Quake 3 etc.

Its set in the future.

And its in 3D.

And maybe the devs back then didn't WANT to make competely new weapon sprites to fit the tech base setting and instead chose a toy shotgun to use, hmm?

PS- Quake 1 is basically Doom, don't you think (slip gates/teleporters, creatures/demons, brown tech bases/vibrant tech bases, etc)?

So the game went for a more modern sci-fi aesthetic combined with a very different take on Hell. Let sequels do their own thing.

Besides, there's a reason why I've not even bothered to get the Charged Burst mod for my Shotgun - the launcher mod not only is more efficient for what it does, but looks like a more badass version of the shotgun to boot.

I think the minority of todays Doom-players went through the old titles.
Its a commercial product and it has to fit in the zeitgeist to be sucessful.
You wont be sucessful if you remake an 20y old game which only die-hards understand.

Quake Is literally like a love letter to DOOM, they're kind of the same game, just with different mechanics and different graphics, I'm talking about the Classic games.

And besides that, DOOM and Quake are literally made by the same people, does It really matter?

But seriously though, your threads are starting to sound more and more retarded.

Caine said:

Unique weapon design? The weapons were literaly toys made to sprites that are modeled after real weapons except the plasmagun and the bfg. Doesnt get more generic than that.

Caine said:

You're really full of salt against this game, aren't you. Just finding one dumb rant and another.

Of course the shotgun looks sci-fi, the game itself is set in the future and in /SPACE/, where people had moved on with their design and versatility.

Voros said:

PS- Quake 1 is basically Doom, don't you think (slip gates/teleporters, creatures/demons, brown tech bases/vibrant tech bases, etc)?

Ugly graphics, completely boring and forgettable weapons, enemies, levels and sounds. No, I don't think Quake 1 was anything like Doom. Every time I try to give it another chance it's worse.

qoncept said:

forgettable... sounds.

Quakeguy's jump grunts are forgettable? Pistols at dawn, sir.

I don't play Quake 1 that much, but I can tell you I'll never forget the roar of the Ogre or the bouncing of the grenades.

I'm not going to lie.

The hordes of lurking zombie fodder in DOOM and eerie cooridor sections, along some of the music and weaponry addons, defitnley gave me a Quake 1 vibe.

In the best possible way, of course :)

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

Is there anything that you won't complain about?

He's probably gonna complain about how the game looks like halo. They always gravitate to that when they run out of things to complain.

We have an influx of new members due to the game but it's clear that Caine needs to be permanently losered to serve as a warning to the rest.

I don't think so, nothing to compare, just shooting system, but c'mon, it's id Software!

Those new zombies with cybernetic parts are a lot more like Strogg than a traditional zombie I thought. They also added a Quad Damage and the Gauss Cannon functions similar to the railgun.

Makes me wonder if since Wolf and now DOOM were rebooted will Quake follow in-suit next? If so, I hope it's based on the first game and this time they can't afford to screw up the multiplayer.

I'm starting to find it hard to take you seriously at all. Starting to think you're just lonely and need someone to talk to. Doom 4 is it's own animal. It's always been Dark scifi, so has quake. Are the newer quakes like Doom 3? yes, are they like Doom 4? I don't see it other then ids classic (or newer, post romaro) Tech styled Based Maps. How can you nitpick in this age of Seemless garbage being pushed out I don't know. Doom 4 might be the best single player fps (no mods) I'v ever played In my Perspective. So What is your real grip with Doom 4 honestly? Lets talk about it because I feel you're beating around a bush.