Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Cyberpussy

999cop said:

the rocket projectiles are too tiny compared to the classic, imo.

Sounds like what I think of the mancubus's projectiles.

I can only agree with 999cop - and I'd like to add that comparing this excuse of a cyberdemon with the real deal from 1993 is much like comparing wow.wad with e2m8.

Voros said:

The Classic was literally a tank with a cyborg minotaur skin. A bullet sponge with rocket launcher. That's it. Circle strafing was pretty easy for me.

The new Cyberdemon is pretty badass. Sure, its not a bullet sponge, but it is fast.

This exactly. The classic Cyberdemon was incredibly easy.

I think folks are quite overvaluing the threat of the classic Cyberdemon in comparison - probably just out of nostalgia.

Voros said:

IDK.

The Classic was literally a tank with a cyborg minotaur skin. A bullet sponge with rocket launcher. That's it. Circle strafing was pretty easy for me.

The new Cyberdemon is pretty badass. Sure, its not a bullet sponge, but it is fast.

Wasn't that one of the main goals of the game? Fast Paced Action? This new Cybie doea just that.

Really, if it wasn't so fast, it would basically be a giant rocket launching Mancubus.

I don't know if this one was any less a bullet sponge than the original. Took alot to put it down in the 2nd half of the fight. Its rockets weren't anywhere near as dangerous though.

Silverforte said:

Towel of babel is actually a classic map you can unlock, complete with cyberdemon.

Really? What's your source?

Voros said:

Really? What's your source?

I had no idea about this until now, but here it is! Really cool actually:

From the way this is, it definitely seems like Cyberdemons were meant to appear in the campaign as enemies later on. It's clearly programmed to have basic enemy behaviour that isn't just the boss cycles.

PureSlime said:

I had no idea about this until now, but here it is! Really cool actually:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6exn04MkpE

From the way this is, it definitely seems like Cyberdemons were meant to appear in the campaign as enemies later on. It's clearly programmed to have basic enemy behaviour that isn't just the boss cycles.

From the looks of It, the Cybie was even going to be a tank enemy as well.

is that a secretception, you cna found that map only in secret?

999cop said:

There's a good reason to it. They don't want to make a huge monster that moves slowly and looks dull in movement. The Dhalsim technique makes perfect sense. Same reason applied flipping agility to Spider Mastermind.

I was referring to his corpse disappearing after the full fight is over not his movement :P.

LANEGRACABRA said:

He looks even more stupid when he does nothing but walk like that and shoot.

"I will shoot at him!" said the Cyberdemon as he did nothing but that.

Seriously though, it's really weird that they have him only appear once in the normal game considering all the screenshots and promotional material that showed him all over the place. Especially since they have a fully-programmed non-boss cyberdemon in the E2M8 map, as unfinished and weird as he looks. Maybe they'll finish him up for an expansion or something.

PureSlime said:

I think folks are quite overvaluing the threat of the classic Cyberdemon in comparison - probably just out of nostalgia.

I have to agree. I still consider the cyberdemon a high priority target in Doom, but that's largely due to other factors, like limited movement. I imagine most of us in this forum have little trouble with the E2M8 fight, and our familiarity of classic shooters makes it easier for us to adapt to the new Doom, thus making the cyberdemon even easier.

And I'll be honest, I think bullet sponges get boring really fast. I've skipped bosses in pwads more than once because of that.

PureSlime said:

I agree. The Rose tinted glasses has made the classic cyberdemon into an unbeatable boss when really all you do is circle strafe.

My only grip with the Cyberdemon boss fight was that his attacks were pretty weak. His rockets barely damaged me. However I think we can all agree that he is much better then the Doom 3 one, which was embarrassingly bad.

Just played through it. He wasn't a challenge at all on Ultra Violence. The only attack of his that was worth worrying about was his "fire wave projectile" attack. Easy to kill him too. Just spammed the gauss canon over and over. Disappointed to say the least

LANEGRACABRA said:

He looks even more stupid when he does nothing but walk like that and shoot.

I'm presuming it's just using his non-boss AI that was intended for use in the actual levels themselves, which would be more closed off than how huge and open the original Tower of Babel arena is.

You think the Cyberdemon Is bad? The Spider Mastermind was easy for me on Ultra Violence.

Then again, I've mastered the PS4 controller for the game.

Tritnew said:

You think the Cyberdemon Is bad? The Spider Mastermind was easy for me on Ultra Violence.

Then again, I've mastered the PS4 controller for the game.

I've been playing on PS4 too, it works SO good on controller. The only thing that annoys me is that Bethesda mentioned there'd be a "quick flip" option to quickly switch weapons by tapping R1 and using the stick in the direction of the weapon you wanna use to quickly gain access to it, but it wasn't really a feature, just quickly opening up the weapon wheel and then selecting it (still slowing down the time too) was basically what it amounted to...

Other than that it flows very well on controller.

I liked the cyberdemon. The varied attacks made for a more interesting fight than the original imo.
Also if you go and play the unlockable classic e2m8 it feels like a bigger challenge to bring down the new cyberdemon than the classic one.

It feels like they took a couple of pointers from Dark Souls with the bosses, thus resulting in real fights and not a six second BFG dump.

The fight mechanics itself were really good (despite having an unwelcome touch of a WoW-esque bossfight in it). However, the look of the Cyberdemon himself is terrible, and I really hope that's the last we see of him.

Cyberdemon on Ultra Violence was no fuc%ing joke.. the second part that is. I have no idea what its like on normal. I willing to bet your going to die atleast once on UV.