Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

Japanese Community Project [Final Version released on idgames]

As promised, we will be playing the second part of this wad in TNS #246 today. Version 1.1 of the wad will be used.

jpcp_hudjpn.wad will be loaded as an optional wad on the server, meaning that if you'd like play with the Japanese HUD, you can place the wad into a directory that's in your launcher's wad search path, and you will get Japanese HUD instead of the "standard" one.

Also, I discovered a few issues in jpcp_v1.1.wad:

map19: linedef's 4767 special is 199, that is an extended boom special and won't work with -complevel 2
map26: multiple players spawning at P1 start in multiplayer ports can lead to a large portion of the map being skipped because only the first one will be teleported by the W1 tele, the rest can then take the WR tele straight to exit

rhinoduck said:

Also, I discovered a few issues in jpcp_v1.1.wad:
map26: multiple players spawning at P1 start in multiplayer ports can lead to a large portion of the map being skipped because only the first one will be teleported by the W1 tele, the rest can then take the WR tele straight to exit

Opps! I forgot to fix it. Fixed version of map 26 for coop, here

Is "Flag" instead of "Frag" intentional?

Also, in the music list: "Map28: Unknown". That song is from Map31 of Resurgence.

I'm replaying this wad with v1.1 from the start for the next DWMC session, and here's a small glitch (slime trail around the line 917) in the MAP03 I've found, which was not occurred during the beta version I played before. Currently both ZDoom and PrBoom+ have this issue.

Spoiler

I'm not sure if the other players have this issue, though.

This looks fucking sweet as well as that Japanese numeral HUD.
But damn, I could have made a map for this...

Capellan said:

Are you reading the DMWC thread, tatsurd?

Oh, I didn't check doomworld forums itself a few day. This is a good opportunity for a better version up. Thanks!

Map04's teleporters need a fix. Monsters tend to get stuck in sector 293 or 257 (possibly also, though to much a lesser extent in 302, 305, 308 and 311). I'd suggest moving some vertices 'south' by 16-32 units to make the monsters jostle back over the teleport lines.

antares031 said:

I'm replaying this wad with v1.1 from the start for the next DWMC session, and here's a small glitch (slime trail around the line 917) in the MAP03 I've found, which was not occurred during the beta version I played before. Currently both ZDoom and PrBoom+ have this issue.

I'm not sure if the other players have this issue, though.

I got that one as well. My guess is that a texture is missing and thus this is more noticeable in software rendering. It's been a while since I worked on a map so I can't be totally sure.

Kira said:

I got that one as well. My guess is that a texture is missing and thus this is more noticeable in software rendering. It's been a while since I worked on a map so I can't be totally sure.

I checked it in DB2 and all the textures seem to be set and the sidedef sector references OK, so I am not sure what the matter is. Might be a node-building error.

I changed the node builder in DB2 to BSP-W32 Normal
then moved vertex 191 by 32 units to the east
then moved it back to its original place
and then the problem did not occur

(no guarantee it didn't cause other issues of course!)

MAP08
Sector 301
I'd suggest setting the floor to 72 and changing the tag to 0; in PrBoom+ the switch didn't rise for me. I was still able to hit it of course, but I had to blindly hump walls to do so.

Also, the red key room is really dull, visually speaking. I'd suggest making the ceiling less flat, adding some pillars, or at the very least doing something with all the "light" sectors in there.

Other than that though, what a great map.

I think the idea is that you look at the switch in the mirror and from there you deduce its original position. Personally I couldn't figure it out by myself, but after I looked in the editor I thought it made perfect sense. :)

kuchitsu said:

I think the idea is that you look at the switch in the mirror and from there you deduce its original position. Personally I couldn't figure it out by myself, but after I looked in the editor I thought it made perfect sense. :)

It is tagged to lower to lowest next floor though. Which given its position should actually make it insta-rise to 72. But didn't.

Map 13: Switches that lower the red and blue bars say ACCESS at first and LOCKED when activated. Would make more sense to reverse the order I think.

Map 15: After returning from the Hell dimension, I was flung out a window by an archvile into the void, which is a permastuck.

MAP11: Occasionally, the punishment for picking wrong answer to the question doesn't work out in ZDoom. After that, you'll be able to shoot voodoo doll in the IoS room from outside, making you to survive from the teleporter traps. But since there are no other options, you need to kill yourself to restart. I recommend to redesign the method of punishment to prevent this glitch, such as crushing voodoo doll.

A video demonstration:

Spoiler

Looks great!

The text says music is unknown for map28 in v1.1. The actual name is called "Day of Mourning", which is used in Resurgence map31.

Nvm, it was already mentioned. Is 1.1 gonna be the final version?

Lingyan203 said:

......Is 1.1 gonna be the final version?

I believe that they'll listen to the every reviews and opinions from this month's DWMC. So I think the final version will be released after this month. And to be fair, there are some glitches to be fixed in the current one, so 1.1 is definitely not going to be the final version.

gemini09 said:

Is the final polished version ready soon?

They are waiting for more feedback from the DW Megawad Club before they do the final touches. So count on 15 days + the time it will take them to do what they want to do.

I haven't seen the report about it yet. In MAP20, there's a broken area where you can jump into the skybox and stuck. Here's a video demonstration of the glitch, and a screenshot about my suggestion to fix the problem.

Spoiler

Antediluvia said:

Am I the only one who noticed that plasma rifle has bullets going into it?

Consider it as a sling.

check memfis' demo in the dwmc thread. he jumps onto the rim, falls down after a while and skywalks around the whole base , unfortunately unable to get back inside.

i propose to keep this unintended shortcut for speedrunning, with an "airlock" somewhere to make getting on board again possible.