Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drilbur

Pinkies

Is there a certain way of fighting them or do they simply have a lot of health? I notice sometimes I feel like my shots are not effecting them at all and other times they die pretty easily.

You have to shoot them in their soft backside. The front is armored.

Drilbur said:

Is there a certain way of fighting them or do they simply have a lot of health? I notice sometimes I feel like my shots are not effecting them at all and other times they die pretty easily.

Shoot em up the arse mate!

They're not too bright, and they'll ram into walls and whine about it for a second or two. It's kind of like Sideshow Bob stepping on rakes.

Drilbur said:

When your shots impact an enemy, it it shows some kind of purple shield-like effect (don't know how to explain better), it means that you are shooting an armored part of the enemy, so they take recuded damage.

It's the same with the Mancubus, who you have to shoot in the face or in the belly, or the final boss, which you have to shoot in the face or the big thinking aparatus.

Or use something with splash damage.

Or - as others pointed out - either jump over the charging Pinky or dodge to the side and unload on his tail/backside.

Spectres seem to take much more damage, even if hit from front.

Get near a wall, let em charge at you, double jump out of the way, shoot them from behind while they are stunned.

julz_d said:

Hit them with the plasma stun mod and then give them a plasma enema

Came in here just to say this. The plasma stun is amazing against Pinkies. Just stun 'em, circle around, and blow their asses off. I preferred the SSG for the "finishing touch." ;-)

TIL: I should have aquired that stun mod, instead of the second gauss mod ;)

But isn't it awesome how every weapon - and even nearly every mod - has it's place in the game regarding certain enemies?