Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

My first snapmap map

After messing around with the editor and with a bit of trial and error I created my first SP map. It's not very long though. It aims to have classic gameplay which means no health drops when enemies are killed.

code: YFVSSPBU

Video:

What do you think? Good or bad considering the limitations of snapmap?

Needs more weapon pickups, but it's a pretty good start, especially due to SnapMap's limitations.

MrGlide said:

can we get a map code?

What MrGlide said! I am not going to ruin the surprise by watching the video. Let us play your map. :)

Here is the code: YFVSSPBU

Fisheth said:

Needs more weapon pickups

You haven't heard? Snapmap has a hardcoded 2 weapon limit :( And I don't think such a short map needed more than 2 weapons anyway. Plus I gave the shotgun the burst fire ability which helps a lot. I must say that I find it annoying how I can't control how much ammo the player has when he picks up a weapon. He just gets instant full ammo right away which can mess up balance. Unless there is some way around that I don't know about.

hardcore_gamer said:

Here is the code: YFVSSPBU

You haven't heard? Snapmap has a hardcoded 2 weapon limit :( And I don't think such a short map needed more than 2 weapons anyway. Plus I gave the shotgun the burst fire ability which helps a lot. I must say that I find it annoying how I can't control how much ammo the player has when he picks up a weapon. He just gets instant full ammo right away which can mess up balance. Unless there is some way around that I don't know about.

Both untrue, just a pain in the ass to implement. https://www.doomworld.com/vb/snapmap/87972-you-can-have-more-than-2-weapons-in-snapmap/ I'll be glad to check your map out.

I just made a sequel map. It's much bigger and has more complex scripting and objectives. Also features better use of lighting. Don't really see the point in having screenshots honestly when all maps use the same prefabs, plus I don't want to spoil it. I might upload a playthrough of it though for those who want to see it without playing it like I did with the first map.

Code: F72SAVSU