Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EternalWolf

Codex Environments Glitch? (Please Check)

There is always an exclamation mark/notification next to the Codex Icon in the menu and the "Environments" section of the Codex. Normally the exclamation mark pops up once you find a new datalog, weapon mod, map, monster etc... to show you that you unlocked a new entry to read, then after you scroll over that entry the exclamation mark disappears from the menu.

The glitch seems to originate from the last 3 hell levels not having Environment datalogs to find in order to unlock the 2nd entry, instead the 2nd entry is unlocked automatically once you find the map terminal. If I go over those three levels in the Codex Menu the exclamation mark disappears, however it ALWAYS reappears once a map or checkpoint is loaded/reloaded.

I was hoping somebody who has beat the game/found these map terminals and read their entries is also experiencing this glitch. It is very annoying to have that exclamation mark in the menu every time I start up a mission or reload a checkpoint.

I've asked elsewhere but havent gotten a response yet, I've also sent a message to the official DOOM Twitter account. For whatever reason I cant make an account on Bethesda.net as of this moment, the join/sign in page doesnt load so I cant report the issue on their forums. I would send it to a developer but I dont know their Twitter handles.

PS4 Version(PC Hardware is lacking).

I get that all the time as well. Ive also had a problem with the UAC Marineguy collectables not unlocking. Then I tried going back to get them and they arent there :/

Janus3003 said:

I have that glitch on PC, too.

Well I'm glad it's not exclusive to one platform(figured it wasnt), better chance of getting noticed and fixed. Since all communications with the UAC appear to be down(Bethesda.net), hopefully everyone who has this issue can simply post some kind of confirmation here so I can just link this thread to them.

daltontca said:

I get that all the time as well. Ive also had a problem with the UAC Marineguy collectables not unlocking. Then I tried going back to get them and they arent there :/

Is it just one collectible or multiple? I found every collectible but one and thats because it wasnt on the map, which I used to find nearly every secret(besides Classic maps). I looked on YouTube to check for those environment datalogs in the three maps and one of the Doomguy collectibles is a well hidden, pretty cool Easter Egg.

Yup, I have it on PS4 and have the same issue. It's specifically the Titan Realm that does it.

I finished the campaign last nignt on UV and went 100% on everything and didn't get the IDKFA trophy for weapon masteries. Thankfully the SP was awesome and I know I'll play it at least a dozen or so more times. Unlike Doom 3 and ROE (one time each, maybe two for ROE.)

EternalWolf said:

Is it just one collectible or multiple? I found every collectible but one and thats because it wasnt on the map, which I used to find nearly every secret(besides Classic maps). I looked on YouTube to check for those environment datalogs in the three maps and one of the Doomguy collectibles is a well hidden, pretty cool Easter Egg.

For now its just the Marineguy collectibles. I had a bunch, now I only have a few. That and the classic maps. Some of them dont unlock the full map in the classic maps menu.