Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Impie

mayhem2016 proposal

Since may is already half over, mayhem 2016 has been bumped to june, and mayhem 1500 still isnt even finished, i've been brainstorming. I figure as long as i'm still unemployed, i should be able to run a brief something if marcaek and the others are down with my idea.

1) the current mayhem is slated for june now, so we change the name (junebilation, JooM, whatever) but otherwise leave it as is.

2) we use this thread to collect map submissions for mayhem 2016 which i will compile at the end of the month. i will have the following restrictions:

A) 20 + 16 = 36 sectors. mappers will have to really use their creativity but we might get a collection of good 1994-looking maps as a result.

B) any texture set can be used, but the theme is "ancient past or dilapidated future". texture sets will be listed in the op to avoid redundant sets.

i'll either recycle my story submission for 1500 or write a continuation if both wads can be finished and released simultaneously. or do something totally different depending how the lineup looks.

also i figure if anyone likes the idea they should figure out what they wanna submit soon since the window will only be open til june. otherwise whats the point?

any thoughts?

Mayhem 1500 is indeed very close to finished, unfortunately TGH had to take over testing because the people I had doing so already apparently lost either interest or focus, which I am sure you can appreciate. If you are starting a community wad, please do not hijack the name or direction of an existing one, with an organizing process nobody is complaining about to do so.

We're just waiting on a poll, why did you do this?

Impie, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Marcaek said:

Mayhem 1500 is indeed very close to finished, unfortunately TGH had to take over testing because the people I had doing so already apparently lost either interest or focus, which I am sure you can appreciate. If you are starting a community wad, please do not hijack the name or direction of an existing one, with an organizing process nobody is complaining about to do so.

We're just waiting on a poll, why did you do this?

i didnt mean to hijack, i just meant it as a suggestion. in hindsight i guess i shouldve just suggested it in the actual forum thread but i didnt want to derail the poll and be accused of hijacking that thread. fat lot of good that did...

i apologize if this stepped on anyones toes. i just wanted to help get the ball rolling for may itself. Mods can go ahead and delete this thread then.

Also, Riley, I'm not a noob who doesn't finish what he starts. I woulda thought I was known for that on Doomworld if nothing else, but apparently not.

It's ok just a misunderstanding, but you're not stepping on anyone's toes posting in the other thread.

I appreciate the offer for help, but as of now it isn't needed.