Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

So, I'm using freedoom on prboom+, and I was wondering if there are any compatible doom 2 mods that strongly resemble ultimate doom?

I'm looking for a WAD dump compatible for Doom 2; Just hundreds of different textures to choose from including things like glass and whatnot because Doom 2's WAD doesn't have many options. Is there anything like this?

I'm being pretty vague, but I just started level editing for Doom yesterday and I just need someone to point me in the right direction.

baragon29 said:

So, I'm using freedoom on prboom+, and I was wondering if there are any compatible doom 2 mods that strongly resemble ultimate doom?

There is Doom the Way id Did, which attempts to emulate the original mapping styles from that of Ultimate Doom. (Similarly, there's Doom 2 the Way id Did, and the Lost Episodes as well).

From Requiem's readme file:

Name : Rhys Hughes aka Renton and PiNHEAD

E-mail : hughesr@azh.bt.co.uk
Homepage : fragged.com (Up in August "97")
Other Works : Memento Mori 2 Level 13 and DeathDay for DooM][

What is DeathDay and does anyone have it?

edit: ah, maybe this is it - http://www.toxic-owl.com/sales/index.php/Big-Box-PC-Games/NEW-ITEMS/deathday-for-doom
I was hoping for another level from him...

I am looking for the WAD that contains the original version of "enter the mahlstrom", not the chillaxed version.

In that level, you would first enter some cramped tunnel with a whole lotta tyson action, until you end up in a room with numerous HKs and three switches to press, which will then open up an entirely new area with a lot more slaughter to be had. That map has 3 major themes to it. Some stone-grey fortress/tunnel section, a "stucco" section, and a large hell-themed area.

scifista42 said:

This one? (I don't have Chillax, just did a very brief research.)

Chillax MAP21 - Descent into the Maelstrom
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/helcv

Nice, that's the one. Thanks a lot!

Now, here's the thing: I wanted to have the original map in order to find out where the MIDI came from which is being used in the chillax version (I don't have the .txt, if that even exists). I wanted to use it for my first own WAD which is slowly growing. Sorry for a "two-staged-problem", maybe I should have said so earlier, but I wasn't expecting that "chillax-dude" to retexture it, and to slap on another MIDI as well.

So you just want to know where the Chillax MAP21 music comes from?

It's from a PS1 game named "Loaded", level 2.

Spoiler

scifista42 said:

So you just want to know where the Chillax MAP21 music comes from?

It's from a PS1 game named "Loaded", level 2.

I wanted both, the original map, and the MIDI source. I was assuming I'd get all information on the MIDI once I had the original map, which is really worthwhile playing, by the way.

Thanks again. Why isn't your custom user title involving the word "helpful", by the way? ;-)

I am looking for what I think is a megawad, but I only remember a specific map from it. It is a large hell/cave themed level, featuring a lot of hexagon based geometry, lots of different heights, in the more helly-cave part (a lot of red and brown), with structures that branch off. The map would look something like this one, only way more complex:

I want to say it was map 19 or so (I'm likely way off though). I think it was a community based megawad of some kind as opposed to a single or dual author megawad but I can't promise.

Was definitely released no later than 2013 or so, as I played it 3-5 years ago. Unsure if it was new or not when I played it.

A high-five to anyone who knows based off of this incredibly awful description.

PirateNipple said:

I am looking for what I think is a megawad, but I only remember a specific map from it. It is a large hell/cave themed level, featuring a lot of hexagon based geometry, lots of different heights, in the more helly-cave part (a lot of red and brown), with structures that branch off. The map would look something like this one, only way more complex:

https://images.wad-archive.com/wads/Sunder-wad/automaps/MAP14.PNG

I want to say it was map 19 or so (I'm likely way off though). I think it was a community based megawad of some kind as opposed to a single or dual author megawad but I can't promise.

Was definitely released no later than 2013 or so, as I played it 3-5 years ago. Unsure if it was new or not when I played it.

A high-five to anyone who knows based off of this incredibly awful description.

I guess that it's from Sunder.

I'm looking for a WAD that's basically a smaller version of the Doom 1/2 maps (can't remember which one), similar to Congestion 1024. I think I might remember who the author is, but only vaguely.

Grazza said:

Close, but not quite. I found it on this forum specifically, not /idgames, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was on there.

Thanks, though.

Hello everyone. I need some help.
I remember watching a let's play of some wad, but completely forgot it's name. The starting location was the player's house and he could travel into different dimensions through different parts of the house. You could return from one world back to the house and go to other one, so it wasn't just a sequence of levels like a classic Doom, but more like one huge intertwined map. Since it was so long ago (I think like 6-8 years ago) I don't remember much details, but I think the levels were overall neatly designed (that's subjective, I know) and had pretty dark atmosphere. There were a bunch of new monsters as well. I remember some sort of cultist in black/brown robes for sure, but there were a lot more. The final boss was gray-colored Cyberdemon.
Sorry for a pretty messy description, but maybe someone can recognize it?

Zum-Graat said:

Hello everyone. I need some help.
I remember watching a let's play of some wad, but completely forgot it's name. The starting location was the player's house and he could travel into different dimensions through different parts of the house. You could return from one world back to the house and go to other one, so it wasn't just a sequence of levels like a classic Doom, but more like one huge intertwined map. Since it was so long ago (I think like 6-8 years ago) I don't remember much details, but I think the levels were overall neatly designed (that's subjective, I know) and had pretty dark atmosphere. There were a bunch of new monsters as well. I remember some sort of cultist in black/brown robes for sure, but there were a lot more. The final boss was gray-colored Cyberdemon.
Sorry for a pretty messy description, but maybe someone can recognize it?

That sounds like Unloved.

Lately I've been trying to find a good Halo WAD that has working Halo weapons of at least the Magnum and Assault Rifle, but to no avail. Does anyone know of any good WADS that has Halo sprites? I need them for a Halo/Doom project I'm working on.

SharkLordSatan said:

Lately I've been trying to find a good Halo WAD that has working Halo weapons of at least the Magnum and Assault Rifle, but to no avail. Does anyone know of any good WADS that has Halo sprites? I need them for a Halo/Doom project I'm working on.

I am very sorry, but this thread is only if you're trying to find a specific wad.