Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caine

Placing Enemies, only spawnable?

have to finally use snapmap soon.... sorry to ask but can you place enemies without having them to spawn? also i read you can only place 12 enemies per room?

it would be cool to have more modability so you can change their health etc. and make it more classic doom.

You can place enemies on your own. It get tricky because the engine only allows 12 or so enemies at once and sometimes it isn't really good at managing it. A lot of times the enemies in the room you are standing in won't spawn while a few demons from a room on the other side of the map will.

You need to get smart about hiding enemies and setting up trigger volumes or doors to spawn enemies.

I've found it's good to use the spawner and save the manual enemy placement for special encounters or really cool ideas you have because the pool of manually placed enemies you can have is quite low.

EDIT: you can edit enemy health, the damage they deal, their behaviour, you can set up ai paths for them to walk, you can even name them and give them health bars and pretty much make your own boss.

It's really really cool, TBH.

yes my first few maps I was left confused as to why encounters werent triggering, using the hide on start option helps manage resources used. and spawns are necessary for any semi large maps, if you rely on manually placing demons your resource gauges fill up fast

Yeah, I think manually placing demons should be only used when you want a very linear experience. This monster spawns this one and spawns this one in these exact locations.

And for bosses.

Other than that, the spawner seems to be sufficient. I wish you could customize wave events, though. I don't want lost souls to spawn because they just drag down the pacing.

VentedPennies said:

Other than that, the spawner seems to be sufficient. I wish you could customize wave events, though. I don't want lost souls to spawn because they just drag down the pacing.

Exactly what I was thinking. Im not a fan of lost souls in wave events, they feel a bit cheap in smaller areas and was looking for how to filter them off specifically.