Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yhe1

Possible to mod reloading into Doom 4?

It's weird seeing Doomguy physically pick up weapons from dead enemies, yet do not reload. Of course the point of the new doom is that it is fast paced, but would something like reloading be possible to mod in?

You would probably have to make animations for it, that wont be fun.

id Tech 5/6 has no modding community as well.

It would be funny if id had taken the ROTT approach and just had Doom Guy do a meaningless gesture if you pressed the reload key. XD

MetroidJunkie said:

It would be funny if id had taken the ROTT approach and just had Doom Guy do a meaningless gesture if you pressed the reload key. XD

Should have gave him the "umph" sound from Classic DOOM when pressing Spacebar on a wall.

I think it's implied the weapons have some kind of magitech fuckery in them that makes loading unnecessary, what with the shotgun triple fire mod's "compression" system, the rocket launcher's multishot system, and everything in general being powered by Argent.

The SSG does, however, reload--just automatically.

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

Why would you ever want to mod reloading into doom?

Some don't like the idea of Not reloading all the time makes the game feel "less realistic" .

I don't like the demons, that's unrealistic. Can I like, mod them into like, monsters formed from evil people that get extra chromosomes or something?

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

Why would you ever want to mod reloading into doom?

It adds some extra tactical spice when you can not non-stop fire all the time and have to keep an eye on your ammo counter. Also reload animations can look and sound badass.