Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Snapmap MegaWAD?

How would a campaign/MegaWAD work? I'm thinking the most likely way is to distribute a text file with codes for every level. Anyone else either considering doing one?

VentedPennies said:

I don't think that would be considered a megawad since it doesn't add anything new.

You mean in terms of custom assets? Because plenty of megawads use stock monsters/weapons/textures. If someone makes 32 Snapmaps and specifies an order in which they should be played, I don't see why it wouldn't work as a modern megawad of sorts.

It would make a difference because we can design for continuity rather then fresh start everytime, and try to convey more of our own little story and such. This is a feature I really wan't to see in the future.

MetroidJunkie said:

You could just project text at the end of the level for the code of the level directly after the one they're in. =P

What about weapons acquired in the previous map?

TheLastOttoman said:

You could start them with roughly what they would have acquired from the last map :P

Most megawad maps are usually designed with a pistol start in mind though.

TheLastOttoman said:

Maybe have scripted buttons at the beginning relating to all weapons in the previous map and whatever buttons they press, they get said weapons? It would be pretty much using the honor system.