Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomPhreak

Revenant question

In Doom 1-3, a Revenant is described as a pure demon, i.e. a pure creation from Hell. So I was surprised when I saw the new Doom's codex's definition of the Revenant: a FORMER human who got demonized. Anyone find that strange? Maybe that is a way to explain the presence of high-tech, clearly Earth-like missile launchers on the Revenant's shoulders?

DoomPhreak said:

In Doom 1-3, a Revenant is described as a pure demon, i.e. a pure creation from Hell. So I was surprised when I saw the new Doom's codex's definition of the Revenant: a FORMER human who got demonized. Anyone find that strange? Maybe that is a way to explain the presence of high-tech, clearly Earth-like missile launchers on the Revenant's shoulders?

Everyone has theories, but sometime you will have to accept that that spooky skeletons and missiles have a natural symbiotic relationship.

It is just nature friend.

I thought this was a pretty neat take. It all gets uncovered in the codex logs you find. There's also an announcement made by Vega during the game asking for volunteers for the revenant project. It's actually pretty nasty when you find out how they did it. Just wait until you hear about the others they've been messing with.

OP is surprised that a franchise that has never been story-driven changed its barely existent canon for the reboot.

Although never confirmed I've always thought that the Doom 3 Revenant were the remains of the former Martians who were possessed and transformed into the undead.

DoomPhreak said:

Maybe that is a way to explain the presence of high-tech, clearly Earth-like missile launchers on the Revenant's shoulders?

Yes, there a datamined text that explains Revenants are humans surgically grafted with a cybernetic rocket battery and then exposed to the Lazarus wave after death.

victorboris1 said:

Yes, there a datamined text that explains Revenants are humans surgically grafted with a cybernetic rocket battery and then exposed to the Lazarus wave after death.

Which sort of means they are mix of human and something else then if they a being puppeteered by something else.

victorboris1 said:

Weird. In doom 2 it literally says in the guide that when a demon dies, they pick him up, dust him off, reanimate him and arm him with a missile launcher lol. So I always saw him as some sort of hellknight that has been brought back from the dead, sort of like the dragoon/immortal from starcraft

Now revenants are former humans? Since when do humans have 8 foot tall skeletons?

HXCpr0n said:

Weird. In doom 2 it literally says in the guide that when a demon dies, they pick him up, dust him off, reanimate him and arm him with a missile launcher lol. So I always saw him as some sort of hellknight that has been brought back from the dead, sort of like the dragoon/immortal from starcraft

Now revenants are former humans? Since when do humans have 8 foot tall skeletons?

That is the effect of the transformation. Says so in the logs. Flesh go's away and bone structure gets bigger.

People participated In the Revenant program (as said by the UAC Spokesman), and the rest Is already explained here.

Reverant is damn disappointing to fight in the new doom. there missile attack is just weak