Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

RetroAhoy: Quake

This follows up on his similar video he did on Doom, I believe I first caught glance at that one on DWF itself. He dives pretty well into what made the game and its legacy. Excellent watch.

The videos he's done on Wolfenstein, Doom, and Quake are probably the best I've ever seen. I don't really care for his firearms stuff, but basically any time he covers a game, he's super thorough and his editing is impeccable.

I watched this the other day -- cool video as always, but I think that Ahoy's hour long game videos tend to drag a LOT once you get to the middle. He spends a lot of time just describing each weapon and monster in his deep silky voice and flashing stylish minimalist silhouettes on the screen. Thorough to a fault, if you ask me. It picks up a lot though towards the end when he goes into detail on the legacy of Quake.

I actually really like his gun videos. I'm not much of a gun person myself, but I think they always provide an interesting insight into weapons and the way they appear in different games that I never would have thought of before.

Great video, just like the Doom one. While I agree that it kind of drags from too long on describing the game's assets. But his soothing voice and eloquent way with words make up for it.

That's almost TV documentary quality! Thanks for posting this, I will watch the other RetroAhoy videos as well.

Man, I'm jealous. I wish I had a voice that entertaining to listen to. I just sat through his Doom vid as well as his Wolf3D one earlier; great stuff.

You wouldn't think someone could talk about Quake for over an hour, but god damn if that's not an incredibly tasteful and nicely composited doc. Bravo.

What a voice. I want a new Quake now,in the same style as the first. This guy reminds me of Michael Caine for some reason

This dude makes great videos, although he did waste a bit of time just explaining the weapons and stuff to pad it to an hour.