Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kuchitsu

Lebanon Connection

Here is a goofy little level I made for prboom-plus -complevel 2. It's sort of like a comedy map, but the gameplay is serious. The balance is forgiving I think, but ammo is scattered all over the place and you might run into trouble if you miss some stuff. There is also some crappy switchunting. Presumably this will also work fine with ZDoom, Eternity, etc, but no guarantees.

STORY:

Recently there have been some disturbing reports of demon rights abuse in Lebanon. Apparently lost souls are being treated as slaves: they are expected to open doors for people and get nothing in return. Today is Monday and you've just received a new order to go investigate these rumors and hopefully come back safe. But Lebanon is a strange place...

DOWNLOAD:

Version 1
Version 2 - various slight improvements
Final Version - even slighter improvements

SCREENSHOTS:

Darn you Memfis I found everything but the switch to raise the stair in the spiderdemons room. Lots of cool stuff going on here btw. I liked the lost souls opening the doors, somehow they looked like children playing with something.

I came to a dead-end when I needed to open the silver bar for the ****** key.

I totally forgot the clue you left here so it didn't occur to me to let the Lost soul open any door for me to progress.

I enjoyed it thus far and including the music.

Why's it called the "Lebanon connection"?

Naming wads is a very chaotic process for me and it's difficult to explain. This one literally just popped into my head out of nowhere and I thought it sounded cool, so I chose it.

You don't actually need to guide any lost souls btw, that refers to another part of the map that doesn't affect the gameplay. Maybe you missed the same switch that gaspe did. I can add a hint...

I decided to look up that switch in GZDB after being stuck for a while. The problem with the puzzle is you have to then make multiple tedious trips back to both halves of that room.

Cool memfis, I'll add this to my play list. Hopefully I'll get through the others and to this by the end of the night :)

Little bump. I had the chance to play this the other day; fun stuff, Memfis.