Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Will this machine run the MP?

I am visiting my parents over the weekend and I have a PC there. Problem is it's not as good as the one I use at home. I am only interested in playing the MP during the weekend though. Do you think this machine will handle it at least the lowest setting with a reasonable framerate?

GPU: Geforce GTX 560 Ti
CPU: Inter Core i-5 2500 3.30GHz
RAM: 4GB

MetroidJunkie said:

I'm not an expert on GPU clockspeeds but the RAM is half the minimum specs so that's probably not a good sign.

Yea but I was thinking cus I am only interested in multiplayer perhaps the requirments for that is lower than in SP?

i'm not sure why the MP would be any less demanding than the SP. if anything, it might be more demanding given you need to be online all the time to play and it has to accommodate for having multiple players, if that affects performance at all. the GPU also seem to be less than the minimum requirements too (560 vs 660), and the CPU i think meets the recs, but with the other two major things being too low, you probably can't run it.

if you really want it solidified, you could try running this tool and see if you're able to play it or not. http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/doom/13138

hardcore_gamer said:

I am visiting my parents over the weekend and I have a PC there. Problem is it's not as good as the one I use at home. I am only interested in playing the MP during the weekend though. Do you think this machine will handle it at least the lowest setting with a reasonable framerate?

Without problem! Mp dosen't take more than 2 gb of ram. I bet you can even play SP.

id.dav said:

Without problem! Mp dosen't take more than 2 gb of ram. I bet you can even play SP.

Ahahahahaahaahhhhaa.
Hah.
No.

hardcore_gamer said:

Maaayyyyybeeee.

So I just tried out a deathmatch game. It's perfectly playable. Granted that all settings are at the lowest and there is slight amounts of stuttering at times, but it's nothing game breaking. I am even running the game at 1080p.

EDIT: SP runs like crap though.