Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

There's going to be theatrical Fruit Ninja movie

These things always come in threes. The world won't be safe from the scourge until we've had a Crossy Road movie.

You know what game needs a movie?

3d Realms' "Shadow Warrior."

Think of the outrage from East Asian-American groups.

At least Angry Birds has characters, highly recognizable and distinct ones at that. It's certainly not hard to imagine it getting some series that puts them into its own plot, or something slice-of-life-y, like with Viva Pinata.

Tetris is a real mind-boggler, though. Fruit Ninja has potential as an ultra-campy parody of classic campy ninja movies, although I haven't actually clicked the link so I'm just hoping Hollywood isn't crapping itself again.

I mean, a Battleship movie was made. Theres the Tetris one coming up, and at one point Activision was trying to make a Guitar Hero movie before that fad dropped hard. AND then theres the Five Nights at Freddy's movie, but I can see that turning into a mediocre to decent horror movie.
I don't know what a Fruit Ninja movie could even be? Either it will be really generic, or go completely off the rails with the idea; I mean, the damn movie is called Fruit Ninja

I can see it being a funny stoner movie about a hippie who is obsessed with ninjitzu (I am sure I spelled that wrong) and runs a fruit stand.

I've always thought a Duke Nukem movie might be good. Just independence day meets Starship Troopers with some risque dialogue. I'd watch the shit out of that.

Doomkid said:

I'm personally holding out for the Goat Simulator Movie™

I first read this as the Goatse Simulator Movie. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

I'd like to see another Doom movie but a short 30 minute version instead. Kung Fury style. Just focus on action in a ridiculous over the top way and I'd be happy. Might not be the kind of dark epic adventure we were hoping for with the original Doom film but it would still be entertaining.

FNaF movie... 0.0

I would love to see this. I can already imagine the animatronics, moving in the dark, the guard flashing his light down the hallway, Mike, telling him how to survive, the CCTV system, showing various glares from the animatronics, the doors, getting banged again and again, the kitchen clatter far away, etc.

I would watch this till my eyes bleed.

There's also an SCP movie in making. Not sure how many of you know this but I do and it seems it'll be a decent one (not Hollywood, but not amatuer either)

"Fruit Ninja movie"
Seem Hollywood directors are running out of ideas these days and let the games make up the setting. I'm still curious what'll be like.

TraceOfSpades said:

I've always thought a Duke Nukem movie might be good.

AFAIK there was going to be a Duke Nukem movie, but I haven't heard about it in a long time... I think it got canned before or after Gearbox acquired the Duke IP.

And that Wolfenstein movie... I don't even want to know.

HavoX said:

AFAIK there was going to be a Duke Nukem movie, but I haven't heard about it in a long time... I think it got canned before or after Gearbox acquired the Duke IP.

And that Wolfenstein movie... I don't even want to know.

Duke didn't get one.
Wolf didn't get one.
Doom got one. And it felt almost nothing like Doom.

Weird how dumbed down a game has to be in order to become a movie isn't it (correct me if I'm wrong)

Super Mario Bros.
Even Nintendo Power admitted the movie was awful...

"Yes, it happened. Let us speak no more of it."

I can't imagine what will the movie be about, I mean, there's no story or environment there, what could you possible make of it? It's just a ninja, a wooden plank with a bunch of fruits.
Pretty sure it's just going to be about a sensei teaching a ninja how to chop fruit masterfully to compete for some competition; and the pig with the macho guy giving the ninja better blades.
Smosh could make a Youtube video called "If apps were movies" and it would be better (or at least more popular) than this.

EDIT:I looked at article, and the only reason hollywood makes this movie is because it's a popular/successful app that sells a lot... that's a cheap salesment.

I mean, there was Ratchet & Clank movie just recently and it was... alright. It certainly didn't have the same awkward, snide humor or the cynical tone as the original game but it looked and sounded the part in vein of the Future series, just with way worse writing.

There was also that... eeeeh Ao Oni movie that was a pretty standard adaption until it went full crackhead and turned into some weird metafilm where the dude that made the game died and was in it or something. Then they made its sequel, which I can't find any real information on. Apparently it was yet another adaption that followed the novel and the game far closer. What I don't get is why some dumb RPG Maker game became a multimedia franchise... but whatever.

Every game is starting to get their movies nowadays. This also mean mobile games getting movies as well.

Don't be surprised if there's a fucking Candy Crush movie that'll have Willy Wonka as a cameo.

Potatoguy said:

Don't be surprised if there's a fucking Candy Crush movie that'll have Willy Wonka as a cameo.

You beat me to it. :)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the Warcraft movie yet. Which, by the way, actually looks really good. I don't play WoW and never did, so I assume any plot stuff they changed won't phase me at all and I'll be able to enjoy it more.

I'm reminded of something I recently read in Extra Punctuation about how gaming seems to trip over its heels to pay lip service to movies despite being a better entertainment medium. Screw the film industry.

There's a Sly Cooper* movie coming out, too. Theatrical films based on games seem to fail, always, however. Yah, some might not be not downright awful always, but they certainly lack a good track record. Last I checked, Angry Birds was pulling out ahead on Rotten Tomatoes, a first as far as Game Movies are concerned.

Edit: Not Crash, I meant Sly.

Clonehunter said:

There's a Crash Bandicoot movie coming out, too.

I don't even like Crash! That guy's a dope! ...In a lovable sense, of course.
If they announce a Spyro movie I'm going to question my faith in Hollywood.

Clonehunter said:

Theatrical films based on games seem to fail, always, however.

Not always - Uwe Boll makes good films based on video games.

BluePineapple72 said:

I think Wolfenstein TNO would make a good resistance type "hunger games" movie against literal nazis and shit

The thing about Wolfenstein new order is that in a real life situation B.j. would have no actual chance of winning.

Kind of spooky huh?