Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Best Horror Characters Thread

I thought I'd do something that I rarely ever do and post in the Everything Else forum with a "favorites" thread.

So, let's talk horror characters. Book, movie, TV series, videogame, comic book, scary stories that parents tell their kids to keep their little asses in line so they'll go to sleep and stop screaming about how they should be allowed to stay up late and watch shows like Breaking Bad...anything at all!

I'll start off with one that everyone knows. That's right, The Boogieman! Or the Bogeyman if that's your preference.

I love the idea of the Boogieman. He doesn't have a definite form. He is literally whatever you definitely don't want him to be. He is the manifestation of every single one of your deepest fears. That being said, my theory is that he is both a sadistic mind reader and shapeshifter that mentally tortures the children of the world. Think of him as an anti guardian angel...every kid thinks they have one that is unique to them. The Boogieman is like a guardian demon, there to torment you whenever the lights go out.

If you want to post a relevant photo, then by all means, do it!

Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th is my all time favourite. He looks so awesome and kills various punks in most creative ways!

TraceOfSpades said:

I thought I'd do something that I rarely ever do and post in the Everything Else forum with a "favorites" thread.

*snicker*

Shodan, AM, Skynet. Hateful god-computers are fun.

dew said:

*snicker*

Shodan, AM, Skynet. Hateful god-computers are fun.

You forgot any hip hop radio station.

The Thing - It's the boogie man in every shape and form.

Jason Voorhees, no matter what you do, we won't stop till' you're dead and he doesn't give a shit when he gets hit by something, plus he doesn't speak, if you see him, once he sees you, you're dead.

*pfft*

Jason Voorhees.

Guy doesn't die. He went everywhere. To the camp we all love to space!
Guy has more than 9 movies! Fuck the reboots though.
Guy even had guts to fight Freddy Kruger, and won!
Guy is so cool, he even became playable in a modern MK game *wink*
Guy is so respected, that id released Doom 2016 on Friday the 13th!

Fuck Ghostface.

Boogieman can be all of these. Haha!

But if we're talking movie characters...Leatherface all the way. That dude is the only one I can think of that doesn't kill out of hatred or vengeance. He kills because he loves his family.

He was also in Mortal Kombat.

TraceOfSpades said:

Boogieman can be all of these.

Can he go to space?
Can he have more than 9 movies that aren't reboots?
Can he fight Jason and win?

Probaby. I like the Boogeyman too. Not love.

Wasn't there this movie of the Boogeyman? I remeber a scene about a bed and a man with his back turned I guess and the black and tall boogeyman creeping up on him, or something.

And just for the record:Boogeyman or Bogeyman?

Fuck Ghostface.

Voros said:

Fuck Ghostface.

You mean the guy from Scream? Well, don't take it seriously - Scream films are just a parody of other slasher films..

I always spelled it Boogieman.

I guess it doesn't really matter since he is whatever you make him out to be.

You mean like monsters or just dudefolk?

This guy is great, because every word uttered from his broken brain is like peering into an alternate dimension where the English language has completely different rules and regulations. A world where there are no words like "locksmith" or "lock picker," and only improvisations like "master of unlocking" may suffice. Some dark corner of midwest America where people find a nonchalant "what is it?" to be standard use for every situation. Zombie comes out of door? "What is it?" Pool of blood on the ground? "What is it?" The only thing you can trust are dining rooms, they are always dining rooms and you should point that out should you see one with a satisfied "dining room!"

idk if this counts, but those shadow demons in Ghost (1990) that carry Willy off to hell. I recall this to be absolutely terrifying when I first saw it as a kid.

Kontra Kommando said:

idk if this counts, but those shadow demons in Ghost (1990) that carry Willy off to hell. I recall this to be absolutely terrifying when I first saw it as a kid.

Yeah those things were creepy when I was younger. Here's the other scene with them which is a little better. I remembered them being more terrifying but those godawful noises make them memorable.

One of the biggest wasted potentials I can think of is the Channard Cenobite from Hellraiser II. The design is insane, he's dropping quotable one-liners left and right (lol if you don't use "and to think... I hesitated" at least twice daily), I love that goofy processed laugh/yell, and yet... the showdown with the other Cenobites is soooo lame. Pinhead at least launches some chains, but the other doofuses just stand around and get killed. I realize that two of them can barely see or move in those costumes, but come on. If they would have somehow expanded this scene it could have been absolutely legendary.

This cute little guy here is a pretty underrated horror icon:

He's just a amorphous chunk of human that was separated from his brother, but he's strong enough to lift full grown men with one arm, and his little claws are sharp enough to cut someone in half, AND he's had sex and had a whole litter of babies that came out looking just like him for some reason(fuck genetics, I guess). Also, the dude I use as my avatar.

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

That's pretty sexy, will it ever be finished?

Perhaps, but probably not anytime soon. If I do, I'd like to make the other various types as well.

Also, this guy looks a lot like John Carmack:

Azazel Bloodfucker said:

Their coding Doom! and then their gonna code me!

Oh my GOOOOOD!!

Welp, I found my favorite post.