• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMasteR

Some one email me how to create WADs on wadauthor on lost

CyRaptor said:

Take the tutorial that comes with it... and RTFM

Heh. This is how I learned to use WA. It's easy to learn. READIT

Yeah, follow the tutorial in WA. Also, open up some wads and examine them. Double click on sectors to see the properties (floor and ceiling heights, lighting, flats used), also double click on lines to see how they are identified, where textures are used, how lines are used to trigger things.

Then start your own little map, ask a question after you get stuck and cannot find the answer in the tutorials or by examining another wad. You can even open doom.wad or doom2.wad to explore, just don't save over it!

Its the most simple program i have ever used for making doom wads give it a week yull have everything figured out just experiment everything is at the click of a mouse :) it will also fix your error outomaticly inless you have an open sector or something but all u have to do is not go deleting parts of your wall and such

The best way of learning, and this goes for almost anything, is studying existing art to learn its abstract nature, then starting to make your own stuff, working out the details from either reference or trial and error. I have a suspicion that it works for programming (because I'm sort of doing that now...). And I know that it works very well for level editing, because that's basically the way I learnt.

DooMasteR said:

info on how to make WADs on wadauthor[/email]

Check out The Unofficial Wad Designer's Handbook by Ron Allen and Bill McClendon, and Getting Started With DooM Editing by John Bishop.

Before you begin to create maps you must understand some basic concepts. The two guide books to which I've linked explain the basics very well. They also go into how to create the various elements of a map (rooms, doors, windows, stairs, elevators, etc.)

Yup, like alot of people said, the WadAuthor tutorial is the easiest to follow for beginning level designers. In fact, the first level I made was from that tutorial. It's alot eaiser to learn from than the DEEPSEA tutorial, IMO.