Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

Scrooge McDuck Voice Actor Alan Young Dead at 96

Alan Young, an actor who was well known for voicing the Disney character Scrooge McDuck, has died at the age of 96. It's sad that he's gone, as he was a great voice for the character. I didn't know the actor much for other media he's done as well as about himself to be honest, but I'm sure his other work was great. My condolences go to his friends and family.

Go here fore more information:
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/20/entertainment/alan-young-obit/index.html

For the longest time I only knew of Alan Young voicing Scrooge McDuck from Ducktales. Ducktales was a huge part of my early childhood, I used to always get up early every Saturday morning just to watch episodes of the show. It broke my heart to hear just now that he had died right after I woke up. I hope he rests in peace.

Sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised. The dude was almost 100, he had to go at some point. Even if he was still alive, I'd still have doubts that he would be voicing Scrooge in the new reboot Disney is coming out with soon. At least we got to hear him in DuckTales Remastered and a few episodes of the latest Mickey Mouse cartoon before he passed on. R.I.P. :'(

Patch93 said:

Sadly, I cannot say that I'm surprised. The dude was almost 100, he had to go at some point. Even if he was still alive, I'd still have doubts that he would be voicing Scrooge in the new reboot Disney is coming out with soon. At least we got to hear him in DuckTales Remastered and a few episodes of the latest Mickey Mouse cartoon before he passed on. R.I.P. :'(

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/news/Ducktales-Cast-Not-Returning-for-Reboot/
Seems not only Mr. Young - but ALL the VAs from DuckTales won't return for that reboot.

Still, in our hearts and memories, he will remain as THE Scrooge "Unca Scrooge" McDuck. Even though I grew up on Russian dub of DuckTales, still, I prefer the original voice cast.

Rest in peace, Mr. Young. Thank you very much for everything you've done to make us smile and happy (special thanks for DuckTales Remastered).

96 is a ripe old age to burst his bagpipes. I think he did VA for Ducktales Remastered 2? In any case, he will be remembered.

I watched the shit out of the Scrooge McDuck version of, well, Scrooge (A Christmas Carol) when I was younger. 96 is a good age these days. Godspeed, Young.