Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ztkt

Another wad by me

After playing your other maps, and after having checked this new ones, I think I can give you a couple of suggestions.

First, try to spend more time in your level design. If all your rooms are orthogonal and joined by wide monochromatic corridors, it won't be well received.

Second, and I feel this is the most important: Don't put a shitload of enemies in your map unless you really know what you're doing. For example, MAP03 from your first thread (and I'm sure this applies to your 3rd map here as well) is basically impossible. Even with iddqd + Russian Overkill + infinite ammo, and using just "slot 8" weapons, it was not fun. Besides, MAP03 is practically unplayable (140,000+ enemies? Really?).

As someone said in your other thread, start small and build up from there.

Hope this helps.

Zed said:

After playing your other maps, and after having checked this new ones, I think I can give you a couple of suggestions.

First, try to spend more time in your level design. If all your rooms are orthogonal and joined by wide monochromatic corridors, it won't be well received.

Second, and I feel this is the most important: Don't put a shitload of enemies in your map unless you really know what you're doing. For example, MAP03 from your first thread (and I'm sure this applies to your 3rd map here as well) is basically impossible. Even with iddqd + Russian Overkill + infinite ammo, and using just "slot 8" weapons, it was not fun. Besides, MAP03 is practically unplayable (140,000+ enemies? Really?).

As someone said in your other thread, start small and build up from there.

Hope this helps.

Well yes, the last map of this wad is a joke i did on purpose. The first 2 are actually playable. And thanks for advice

ztkt said:

I've made three maps, and want to share them here. Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/r2s877ji1rg61hu/nomorehitler.wad

Made on zdoom - doom - doom settings. Beatable for sure this time, and i tried to make the maps very fun

Includes few custom monsters and a new, better chaingun.

Very difficult maps though.

Everything involving the conventional monsters is quite easy, due to the amount of space in the arenas. The custom monsters are very unsatisfying to fight, however. They seem to have way too much health and have weird attacks that I don't understand.

rdwpa said:

Everything involving the conventional monsters is quite easy, due to the amount of space in the arenas. The custom monsters are very unsatisfying to fight, however. They seem to have way too much health and have weird attacks that I don't understand.

The big aliens are not very tanky, but the mages are. I added a lot health to the mages because i like them and they were originally so easy to kill :)

The black, flying cyberdemons are strong. Called Cardinals i think

Like Zed said, you should spend more time on the levels themselves. A bunch of square rooms connected by corridors with the same texture aren't exactly appealing to look and move around in.
The Realm667 custom chaingun and monsters felt pretty superfluous and in the case of the latter made the maps even more tedious to play. Those floating Cyberdemon things with a million HP are bad and I didn't make it half-way past MAP02 before getting bored.

MrSkeltal said:

Like Zed said, you should spend more time on the levels themselves. A bunch of square rooms connected by corridors with the same texture aren't exactly appealing to look and move around in.
The Realm667 custom chaingun and monsters felt pretty superfluous and in the case of the latter made the maps even more tedious to play. Those floating Cyberdemon things with a million HP are bad and I didn't make it half-way past MAP02 before getting bored.

Sure.

I'll try to make the next wad more fun

Did anyone play all the maps

illuknisaa said:

I unloaded over 200 rockets on to one blue mage then I got bored and removed this wad from my hdd.

This.

Didn't love it. Couldn't play it at a solid frame rate. The area is much to confined I feel for the amount of monsters. If you fall in that blue pit you're fucked.

everennui said:

Didn't love it. Couldn't play it at a solid frame rate. The area is much to confined I feel for the amount of monsters. If you fall in that blue pit you're fucked.

There is a lot powerups, so you should always survive.

illuknisaa said:

I unloaded over 200 rockets on to one blue mage then I got bored and removed this wad from my hdd.

lol. i think the map is still fair because you only need 30 shots of 7slot weapon to kill one mage, and there is not many.

ztkt said:

lol. i think the map is still fair because you only need 30 shots of 7slot weapon to kill one mage, and there is not many.

I don't think your map has enough ammo to even kill all the mages. 1200 cell ammo is quite a lot you know.

edit: I just checked there isn't enough cell ammo. There are 23 mages each requiring 30 shots from bfg and there is only 162 energy packs.