Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheGamePhilosophe

PC will not receive additional modding tools beyond SnapMap

redrage said:

you need a processing farm to bake the megatexture.

mm...not quite right...I made Rage levels on my ancient ass machine...yes for an area like Rage's wasteland totaly so. The biggest count for me was an 11 hours megabaking...but it's on a level using big open area and super hi-res shadow maps:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rebalance-mod-ultimate/images/unknown#imagebox
Just a video showing megatexture stamping on my PC:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rebalance-mod-ultimate/videos/what-is-megatexture#imagebox

I am confident that we will get something beyond SnapMap at a later point. They already hinted on the "wait and see" so they probably want to see what the demand is.

Rage had so little because it just doesn't have the cult following that Doom had. Personally I just didn't care about Rage when it was released. Never played it until 6 or 7 months ago and I quit after 10 hours because it bored me.

I say we start a petition as soon as possible, being limited to creating indoor corridors is a slap in the face. I'd also be extremely surprised if they eventually upgrade Snapmap as well.

id.dav said:

mm...not quite right...I made Rage levels on my ancient ass machine...yes for an area like Rage's wasteland totaly so. The biggest count for me was an 11 hours megabaking...but it's on a level using big open area and super hi-res shadow maps:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rebalance-mod-ultimate/images/unknown#imagebox
Just a video showing megatexture stamping on my PC:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/rebalance-mod-ultimate/videos/what-is-megatexture#imagebox

Hmm, that's interesting. So that debunks it then. Another possible reason, that Id has decided against mod tools, is that Bethesda may have has forced them to homogenize the experience on all platforms to avoid the incessant whining and bitching from console owners (which are a far larger consumer base nowadays), see Fallout 4 console mods sperging shitstorm for further details.

How can any game these days launch without a cooperative campaign mode, or at least a plan to include it in the near[er] future?

Yup we need coop campaign mode and full mod support, especially since Steam Workshop makes it so easy these days. Why the hell not?

Æon said:

How can any game these days launch without a cooperative campaign mode, or at least a plan to include it in the near[er] future?

Because it's blatantly not as easy to add as you let on?

Æon said:

I have no idea why you make it sound like adding co-op support is as easy as sprinkling fairy dust onto the code.

Edward850 said:

Because it's blatantly not as easy to add as you let on?

Arctangent said:

I have no idea why you make it sound like adding co-op support is as easy as sprinkling fairy dust onto the code.

WoW, so you're telling me what? A community that is able to accomplish things like GZDooM, a huge software corporation like Bethesda is incapable of this task? That really sounds moronic. The fact that they are holding back the mod tools means the community will never be able to even attempt such things. So demanding more from the producers and developers is the only option we have available. Did I ever say these things were easy?

I think you fail to realize that GZDoom took ten years of numerous people furrowing their brows over ancient code to get where it's at today.

It also couldn't have anything less to do with campaign multiplayer for an architecturally complex campaign and engine.

Jaxxoon R said:

I think you fail to realize that GZDoom took ten years of numerous people furrowing their brows over ancient code to get where it's at today.

This is the single best description of source port development I have yet to read.

yeah and still people support those bad companies.... lol

game studios etc give a shot. they are not passionate gamers anymore but moneyhungry people who try to get more money. .

Æon said:

WoW, so you're telling me what? A community that is able to hammer away at some open-source code for literally a decade to add a bunch of features that would be entirely irrelevant to the producers themselves, a huge software corporation like Bethesda is incapable of turning map designed for single-player into something that support co-op without basically scrapping them because there are several sequences in the game that would just not work or be hell in co-op? I'm really moronic.

Fixed that for you, hon.

Jaxxoon R said:

No, I just prefer to remain optimistic.

GoatLord said:

Cutscenes and level progression get really complicated when you introduce co-op.

Yeah I bet it would be difficult, but life is less enjoyable without challenges. Nothing will change if we don't speak up. Otherwise we'll be stuck accepting what they decide to make available. Or worse, the next DooM iteration will be the same. I would just like to think we can make an impact sooner than later.

Arctangent said:

Fixed that for you, hon.

Good job, want a cookie?

If we are going to pick fights with each other then well- it's just a waste of time.

Æon said:

Yeah I bet it would be difficult, but life is less enjoyable without challenges. Nothing will change if we don't speak up. Otherwise we'll be stuck accepting what they decide to make available. Or worse, the next DooM iteration will be the same. I would just like to think we can make an impact sooner than later.

yeah. People should be obligated to work un necessarily hard to satisfy our entiled needs.
Co op is not something you just shoehorn in, infact it takes more time to plan out single player gameplay, time which could be better used in SP development.

Æon said:

The irony is that this blank post is far more worthwhile than anything else you've said so far.

I could see a co-op mode in the future. It might have to be dumbed down a bit in order to fix some of the obvious issues that will arise with another player pressing buttons.

1. Remove all cut scenes - there are not very many.
2. Both players need to tag the gores nest around the same time.
3. When a player dies they can resurrect at the beginning of the level.
4. Levels need to be completely free to back track whenever.
5. More monsters and ammo drops
6. Armor/Weapon/ect perks will have to be tuned.

Zemini said:

I could see a co-op mode in the future. It might have to be dumbed down a bit in order to fix some of the obvious issues that will arise with another player pressing buttons.

1. Remove all cut scenes - there are not very many.
2. Both players need to tag the gores nest around the same time.
3. When a player dies they can resurrect at the beginning of the level.
4. Levels need to be completely free to back track whenever.
5. More monsters and ammo drops
6. Armor/Weapon/ect perks will have to be tuned.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. Although #2 doesn't necessarily need both players to tag gore nests.

You trolls need to find something better to do really.

I'm sure that list is a 5 minute job. They don't have to rewrite most/all of their scripts to account for multiple players, write/update an entire networking backend to support all of the aforementioned scripts, redesign/rerender levels to account for the necessary gameplay changes and then spend a few hundred working ours QA testing all of it.
That's just all lies. It's just magic or something.