Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SharkLordSatan

A Idea for a WAD

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to put an idea but I'm doing it anyway. Please don't maim me.

Anyways, I've been thinking about this for a while, and frankly I really want to make a halo/doom crossover WAD. The basic plot would go along the lines of this: You, the Master Chief, have to stop Hell from invading Earth, and thus must go into the bowels of the underworld and face off against many villainous, demonic overlords: Cyberdemons, Spider Masterminds, the Guardian, the Maledict, the Icon of Sin...

I know how to make maps and such. That would be the (somewhat) easy part, except I don't know how to make skyboxes. I can figure that out. However, there's a major problem:

I don't have the Halo sprites to do it. There are plenty of Halo sprites out there, yes, but even if I had permission from their creators (particularly the sprites from Halo: Out With a Whimper/Olympus) to use those sprites, those sprites are designed for sidescrolling games, not a FPS like Doom.

And I could make them myself if I wanted to but I don't have the time nor patience to make a horde of sprite sheets for Elites, Grunts, Jackals, the Chief himself, Maledict, and all of that other stuff.

But even with those problems, if I were to make such a WAD, would you guys play it?

That's what I technically have in mind: I want to make it feel both Halo-y and Doom-y at the same time, while keeping it fun as well. You'd have levels where you're fighting the Covenant, the demon hordes, and sometimes both at the same time, be it Elites slaughtering Imps or possessed Grunts going kamikaze.

SharkLordSatan said:

I know how to make maps and such. That would be the (somewhat) easy part, ...

But even with those problems, if I were to make such a WAD, would you guys play it?

SharkLordSatan, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Maybe you aren't asking for help outright, but you are asking people to assess the worthy-ness of your project, and for that, it would be only helpful if you could show what you got.

Alright! I understand. I'm not even sure if I'll get started on this honestly, so I was basically just asking for people's opinions.

And honestly the only thing I really have to show for this whole idea/possible project is the concept. Sorry if im wasting you guys time ;;

Seems like you're just interested in making a Halo weapons pack with custom levels. Add Master Chief's Helmet on the Hud and a couple unique intermissions and you're good to go. In this case, you could apply this to any wad.

Unless I'm mistaken and you were thinking of adding Halo props and monsters.

What would technically be included would be primarily Halo NPCs in the first few levels, slowly becoming more and more infested with demonic forces. There will also be NPC vehicles as well, though these aren't actual vehicles you can drive (obviously).

But yes. Halo weapons will replace (most of) the standard DOOM weapons. The BFG will stay for obvious reasons.

Everything but the vehicles is pretty simple, if you can draw sprites then your good. if not, look around for some spriters. I am excited to see if anything comes of this.

Godfather38 said:

Everything but the vehicles is pretty simple, if you can draw sprites then your good. if not, look around for some spriters. I am excited to see if anything comes of this.

There's already some good Halo sprites available on the web, but there's two main problems;

1. They aren't meant for Doom in terms of style, as they're meant more for platformer games
2. I'd need permission to use them from the creators, whom I don't know who they belong to.

I already have a basic plot set up, which is here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/creative-works/88433-is-this-a-good-plot/

As for the vehicles they wouldn't be "true" vehicles, simply NPCs meant to simulate vehicles.

SharkLordSatan said:

There's already some good Halo sprites available on the web, but there's two main problems;

1. They aren't meant for Doom in terms of style, as they're meant more for platformer games
2. I'd need permission to use them from the creators, whom I don't know who they belong to.

I already have a basic plot set up, which is here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/creative-works/88433-is-this-a-good-plot/

As for the vehicles they wouldn't be "true" vehicles, simply NPCs meant to simulate vehicles.

Well, the plot seems decent, and simple enough to use clusterdefs for, given that the vehicles will just be npcs then its just drawing a custom sprite for them and adding some basic script, and if you cant find the creators of the sprites you want then maybe try and send me some links to them. I might be able to find an email or a license. to get them into the doom style maybe just edit them to the tone your going for.