Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qman545

This is what I wish snapmap actually was....

TheWizard said:

Except it isn't...

The one thing it has over SnapMap are the open prefabs (there was a small, large, and I think a two story one) you could connect other prefabs to on any of the open ones sides (I think it was like 3 spots on each side for the large one if I am remembering it correctly).

Wow, that looks way better.

Are there any good SP maps so far. What i have seen until now looks pretty boring. Are the enemies sharing the same AI as in the campaign? They seem to run a few steps and then just standing around.

Otus said:

Wow, that looks way better.

Are there any good SP maps so far. What i have seen until now looks pretty boring. Are the enemies sharing the same AI as in the campaign? They seem to run a few steps and then just standing around.

Wait until after 2018 when everyone has finished their Doom 3 levels. Then wait another 12 years.

Not bad.

But personally I would prefer PC users to have a Doom Builder like editor while the consoles get Snapmap (more polished and added convenience).

That video is impressive, especially how easily it allows people to create 3D maps.

I suspect it does not scale very well though, for example if you built the largest map from the new DOOM game with that system (with the same amount of detail and lighting) then the framerate would be much much lower than DOOM.

Visibility (i.e. limiting how much is rendered) is a major deal in any 3D game, which is probably the main reason that SnapMap pieces are all very closed environments with minimal connections to other pieces.

Thats really lookin good! Seems like it has OR support too.
Im not going to waste my time with snapmap.
They should add something like what shown in the video!

Powerful, but such a limited user base... if you don't have a PC with a HTC Vive, go home kid. I haven't read about the mod tool but I assume other folks need to buy that too if they want to play your mods, although $20 is a drop in the bucket if you are already $1500 deep in entertainment hardware.