Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
julz_d

Is Snapmap dead on Xbox tonight?

Seriously I can't find anyone. If you want to play something like coop or something else msg me on XBL.

Gamertag

Julz D 01

julz_d said:

Seriously I can't find anyone. If you want to play something like coop or something else msg me on XBL.

Gamertag

Julz D 01

Hey Julz.

I'm not surprised SnapMap is dead, when loadouts have been made mandatory. We can't change them so that we can carry all weapons in unison ala Singleplayer. Not to my knowledge.

I've lost interest in Multiplayer and SnapMap because of oppressive decisions like these that make no sense. With weapon pick-ups we have the freedom to carry multiple weapons at once. With loadouts, that freedom is oppressed with the loadouts.

This is what people generally wish for: The option to carry all weapons as you could in Singleplayer, not having to drop one weapon in order to obtain another and need the former when you're either halfway through a map or at the end of it. It's no fun, so we are robbed of satisfaction with bullshit decisions like incorporating the loadouts.

Sorry for the rant there Julz. Just frustrated.

I agree.

SnapMap should have been offering more freedom to the player. But instead feels like some Multiplayer add on, and the Multiplayer's not very hot is it?

Also isn't there already a SnapMap that allows the carrying of all weapons at once. Someone announced it here.

Shredder said:

Hey Julz.

I'm not surprised SnapMap is dead, when loadouts have been made mandatory. We can't change them so that we can carry all weapons in unison ala Singleplayer. Not to my knowledge.

I've lost interest in Multiplayer and SnapMap because of oppressive decisions like these that make no sense. With weapon pick-ups we have the freedom to carry multiple weapons at once. With loadouts, that freedom is oppressed with the loadouts.

This is what people generally wish for: The option to carry all weapons as you could in Singleplayer, not having to drop one weapon in order to obtain another and need the former when you're either halfway through a map or at the end of it. It's no fun, so we are robbed of satisfaction with bullshit decisions like incorporating the loadouts.

Sorry for the rant there Julz. Just frustrated.

Agreed. MP and Snapmap is rather tiresome and getting repetitive when I am forced to use load outs. But what is most worrisome is that Id has done nothing about it. People cried about load outs since ... QUAKECON!!!! and we still have them. How much more feedback do they need? I think Id should get rid of certain affinity and take it over themselves or find another company that has competence.

Agree with everything you guys said also would add having no server browser doesn't help.

Zemini said:

Agreed. MP and Snapmap is rather tiresome and getting repetitive when I am forced to use load outs. But what is most worrisome is that Id has done nothing about it. People cried about load outs since ... QUAKECON!!!! and we still have them. How much more feedback do they need? I think Id should get rid of certain affinity and take it over themselves or find another company that has competence.

Agreed word for word. I was wondering if id was going to change it with DLC but it should have been done already. To Hell with Certain Affinity and id is going the way of the dinosaur unless they give the players what they want.

Zemini said:

This, Certain Affinity is just awful, they do shit MP, it's not worth the trouble.
ID should have never asked CA for help in making the MP.

I wanted to post an update on this. here is my report. I logged on to play for three hours last friday. There were a total of two people playing and one was me! May 13 was not that long ago. This not a good sign. I tried again today on Sunday afternoon and found zero people.

julz_d said:

I wanted to post an update on this. here is my report. I logged on to play for three hours last friday. There were a total of two people playing and one was me! May 13 was not that long ago. This not a good sign. I tried again today on Sunday afternoon and found zero people.

Bethesda are looking pretty clueless at this moment with having mandatory loadouts in-game. I think they're the only thing killing the MP/SnapMap.