Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Plasma Gun

The Multiplayer

After a while it gets kinda addictive. With the full mapset, demons, hack modules, and weapons it's a pretty solid, albeit generic, MP game.

I can't stop to play in Doom MP, because I fucking LOVE these shooting mechanics. I like design of new maps too, customization but.. EVERYTHING else not so good! Cut fucking demons, add more imba guns to respawn on map. Chainsaw must be on map by default! Add slides, hook or something in movement mechanics and you will se how great Doom's MP can be! Loadouts isn't problem, but gameplay isn't so deep so it can be. Fucking hack modules can't brings deepness of gameplay. Where's goddamn CTF, add CTF with hoverboards! Add deathmatch, real death fucking match with BFG, Gauss and Chainsaw on map respawning at 30 seconds NO MORE! Like powerups in Quake 3: Arena!

It's not an amazing multiplayer, but it's really fun (I think classic death match should be added [with pistol starts, no loadouts] and demons should be rebalanced so it takes the same effort to take down a demon, but playing as a demon is difficult but rewarding)

Loadouts isn't big problem at all! But design of gameplay are really stupid, because some things doesn't work at all.

I loved the MP back in the Beta. I still play it plenty on full release however I find myself more frustrated. There has been a high frequency of hackers for starters, but also weapons like the Minigun really unbalanced the game. I have to work my balls off to kill a random Chaingun noob holding left click. My Sniper Build I need to make sure I did a 100% accurate shot on these bastards first, then teleport behind them and SSG their back without missing. Much harder than it sounds. It is as if they only need 2.5 seconds to kill me running straight while on average it takes me 4, and that's if I hit every shot and successfully teleport.