Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
HateFactor

doom collector's edition?!

check these out:

http://www.stomped.com/shared/nsystem/comments/20157_1_page_1.php

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=207974

i'm wondering what's purpose behind re-releasing a 8 year old game, for the n-th time...

To make money? Hell if anybody here knows for sure.

Maybe it'll have some other stuff in it... who knows.

A shiteload of new PWADS

maybe it's really called "doom: the anti-school-shooting-friendly edition" (meaning all the violence-provoking elements are gone)

maybe it's really called "doom: the anti-school-shooting-friendly edition" (meaning all the violence-provoking elements are gone)

I'm not sure if you realize, but ID would actually want to make money off a doom rerelease.

HELLO THERE MR. BARON! WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO THE PARK WITH ME AND HAVE TEA CRUMPETS?

[b]I couldn't stand a doom without mindless violence.

HELLO THERE MR. BARON! WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO THE PARK WITH ME AND HAVE TEA CRUMPETS?

"while certainly, mr. space-marine! but let's stop by the jolly-cacodemon's house, beforehand! cheerio!"

"while certainly, mr. space-marine! but let's stop by the jolly-cacodemon's house, beforehand! cheerio!"

STOP THE HAPPINESS!

/ME GETS THE FIREMACE

Nah, hopefully it'll have some of the good ones. Maybe it'll include some source ports as well, you know, for the people without internet connections and all that.

Nah, hopefully it'll have some of the good ones. Maybe it'll include some source ports as well, you know, for the people without internet connections and all that.

Let's not commercialize sourceports.

And who would fuckinloobilastic waste time from their lives coding that? There are already source ports around, altough I don't think you'll see one in this package. Hell, why the fuck do you need one? You can download all the source ports ever made. (correction, you could :\ )

Let's not commercialize sourceports.

id could include all the GPL ports in the world without having to ask anyone or do anything special.

id could include all the GPL ports in the world without having to ask anyone or do anything special.

If that's the case then they probably would. Seeing as how a lot of the code is/was theirs to begin with.

That would be a good idea at first, but how many common non-beta sourceports are out now? The best ones like JDoom and ZDoom and EDGE and all them are all betas at the moment. Betas or still under heavy modifications.

They could always hire an external team to polish things a bit.

Doom95 won't look that "hot" or "improved" now on WinXP. :)

They should just add Doom support in the Doom3 engine and get it over with.