Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Team TNT's Next Project

So, Team TNT are making a new megawad called Daedalus: Alien Defense which is the sequel to Icarus : Alien Vanguard, don't you think it's about time they put some new monsters into it this time? In the past they have made heaps of new music and new textures, but It's about time they concentrated on putting some new enemies into their megawads!

I remember there being a monster thread somewhere in one of these forums but I couldn't find it today, but I do remember some of you guys comming up with excellent ideas, I'll just name a few that I thought were very cool...

Former Human Space Marine: Looks like you except more messed up, bloody and has a super shotgun.

Nightmare Imp: Darker, Stronger and inflicts more pain than the regular Imp.

Nightmare Spectre: From the Playstation Final Doom.

Death Cacodemon: Black, stronger and inflicts more pain than the reguler Cacodemon.

Hell Lord: Looks like the Baron except is larger, more muscular, darker, tougher and inflicts more pain than the Baron.

Horned Devil: Cyberdemon with no "Cyber" parts, instead it has both it's arms and legs and has very strong Baron attacks.

I even think that someone mentioned a flying arachnotron! I though that is what a little bit strange but it would be cool to have plasma being fired at you from high above!

nobbjob said:

is the megawad underway? how long does it normally take them to pump out their projects?

Yes the megawad is currently underway and no I don't know how long it takes them to pump out their projects... But if there's anything you want to know then just visit their official site, http://www.teamtnt.com

Baron-Of-Hell said:

but It's about time they concentrated on putting some new enemies into their megawads!

If a megawad has new monsters in it, then it isn't a megawad, it's either a partial or a total conversion (which depends on how much stuff is changed) ;)

They've been working for about 32759825 years on this megawad already. IIRC it was once said that it was finished, but they are just waiting for ZDoom 1.23 final.

So, you guys wanna know what's going on with the project? Okay let's see...

*All 32 levels replaced.
*All new textures, No Doom2 textures.
*Using ZDoom
*Puzzle oriented
*Designed for single player
*Using the Hub style of layouts...ala Hexen.
*Able to transit back and forth between levels within the hub.
*Serious scripting has been implemented.
*Utilizing everything that ZDoom can offer.

There was a question about new monsters, when released, play it and find out!

What's the status on the project? All maps are completed and we are in heavy testing utilizing our punch team and playtesting team.

When will it be released? Using the classical phrase..."When it's finished."

Wasn't this project released some time ago? No, not at all. We released a very beta and buggy hub one some time ago because people were asking about it. There are a total of four hubs in this project.

Like many others out there doing projects of their own we have real lives too and it takes away alot of our time, but we are getting there and we want to get this out to you guys soon. We do not like releasing a buggy product and we will continue to play it and test it until it plays the way it's supposed to. No faulty BSP trees, no crashes, triggers are set, all individual scripts are working properly and numerous other things to numerous to mention. I do know some of these things as I am part of the punch team and the testing coordinator.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions, thanks everyone.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Uh, sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't think this kind of thread should be in this forum. It's more of a discussion than a question. Well there was a question asked, but everyone now is discussing it.

The site hasn't been updated because Ty Halderman hasn't updated it. Ty keeps the site up and running, not us. You need to ask Ty Halderman. Usually Ty Halderman will only update when there is something of signifigance to put in there. Hope that answers your question. Thanks...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Baron-Of-Hell said:

When is ZDoom 1.23 Final being released?

Never.

Half a year is not really a long time of no-updates in the Doom community ;)

boris said:

Never.

Half a year is not really a long time of no-updates in the Doom community ;)

Damn right! :)

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Uh, sorry to be a wet blanket, but I don't think this kind of thread should be in this forum. It's more of a discussion than a question. Well there was a question asked, but everyone now is discussing it.

This is more of a multi-question thread because I have asked two questions, nobbjob asked one and RailGunner asked one and they came out with some long answers...

Edit: Oh yeah, I did get a little carried away with my first question aswell, but at least it got answered :)

I think the questions forum is intended for questions that have a definite answer (i.e. who, what, why, where, when, how questions) rather than questions that ask for people's opinions on something.

Cadman said:

There was a question about new monsters, when released, play it and find out!

Now you got me all excited!

NiGHTMARE said:

If a megawad has new monsters in it, then it isn't a megawad, it's either a partial or a total conversion (which depends on how much stuff is changed) ;)

No, a conversion is where they replace some monsters with new monsters, isn't it? I meant add more monsters and still have all the original monsters in it, correct me if I'm wrong...

No I don't because I think megawads always end up turning out better than PCs or TCs.

Cadman said:

The site hasn't been updated because Ty Halderman hasn't updated it. Ty keeps the site up and running, not us. You need to ask Ty Halderman. Usually Ty Halderman will only update when there is something of signifigance to put in there. Hope that answers your question. Thanks...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Hey you! I emailed you guys about testing the new ZDoomGL with Daedalus a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back yet! I've been using hub1 for testing since I started on it (along with the kzdoom series).

It's running off the ZDoom 2.0 pre8 codebase now and it's only missing mirrors and skyboxes now. Of course there are other bugs, but that's what I'm interested in finding :)

If you're interested, drop me a line: zdoomgl@shaw.ca