Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Libor_john66

Single level WAD, releasing during summer

Hello, doom lovers! I wonder, if you are enjoying new game! Anyway, those of you, who haven't forgotten the classic doom, I've been working on a single level WAD. I'm not a pro mapper, but I think, it'll do. Get hyped, It's here! :)

Base on The Border of The Hell: The Keep of The Hell has fallen and Soldier managed to lock himself in a side room. He can die like a coward and unleash The Hellish Demons, or he can fight then back with everything he has and attempt to save the world. The choice is up to him.. up to you.

This is kinda open beta, still not final product, I may do some changes according to your feedback. I know map is a bit sneaky from start, but I hope you'll find your way.

Some photos:

After finishing the map, please, send me PM with feedback, or write a reply on this thread. Enjoy the map :)

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi1txmh95yxnv07/Base%20on%20the%20border%20of%20the%20hell.wad?dl=0

So, here I got some pics (still pre alpha version, no demons included yet). I hope you enjoy them and stay tuned! :)

Time for red key!

What's the switch for?

This doesn't look well..

Oh, finally, armor!

Where the hell am I?

I like how you say "demons" rather than "monsters". Sounds more respectful to them somehow. Pictures look kinda oldschool.

Lol, wouldn't bet anyone could even think about that :D btw I'm not from English speaking country, so I wasn't really thinking about it the word, what I use for them :D anyway yes, its single wad, so it is like nothing special, I'm not pro mapper anyway :D but I hope you guys will like it :P

Libor_john66 said:

Hello, doom lovers!

Hello to you too! :)

Joke aside, those screenshots look interesting and well done. When you post the download link I will play it. You have my word.

DoomLover234 said:

Hello to you too! :)

Joke aside, those screenshots look interesting and well done. When you post the download link I will play it. You have my word.

Wow man,thanks a lot! :) I really hope you all will like it ;)

Hey guys, today I wasted my friday in Doom Builder (alcohol free today :D), so I made a piece of work, still, first 3 guys to reply will be involved in alpha test of level. I gotta catch all the mistakes and help could be appreciated, so if you want to help, just reply please, I will contact you :)

I like it a lot but there is a huge flaw. You don't mark what's allowed to be opened, like for example in the first room how am I supposed to know to hit use on the bloodfall? This is repeated over and over, how am I supposed to know to walk through the other one? How am I supposed to know to hit use on the bookshelf? These should all be secrets not things you have to do, it got so bad I got stuck after getting the red key, I can't find where to go at all. But the game play is really fucking fun and well designed

Well, thank you, but things like this, I seen them many times.. for example Bloodsea Keep has entrance through little lava lake in wall.. how to fuck should I know?.. I just feel like, its things you can find out, I mean, there wasn't that many options.. anyway, I'll see what can I do about it, thank you for playing and thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated :)

PS: Did you manage to find all the secrets?

Libor_john66 said:

Well, thank you, but things like this, I seen them many times.. for example Bloodsea Keep has entrance through little lava lake in wall.. how to fuck should I know?.. I just feel like, its things you can find out, I mean, there wasn't that many options.. anyway, I'll see what can I do about it, thank you for playing and thank you for your feedback, it's appreciated :)

PS: Did you manage to find all the secrets?

That's the thing I couldn't get back to the start of the level, I couldn't find where to go after I got the red key I walked around for 15 mins until I had to go to work, and yeah some of those things are fine I mean I found them eventually it's just my opinion otherwise it's great gameplay wise