Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

DOOM easter eggs / references / injokes

Jaxxoon R said:

...a billion fucking things happened on that day.

Which is why I'm assuming its an innocent weed reference and fun wordplay.

All the good Easter eggs had already been found. :P

All in all great thread guys and great finds. I missed a few of these my first time around, I'll be on the lookout for Keen's helmet my second go through as I've missed that guy. Goodbye Galaxy, Lemmings and Q*Basic Gorillas were my first three games.

'this is a super scary thing. It is identified as something Too Spooky for me.'

can't make out the rest, but that alone made me smirk, something I don't do often.

HellVain said:

This is a super scary thing. It is identified as something Too Spooky for me. Why for the love of God does this thing have * * launchers on its shoulders. As if it weren't enough this thing being the Damn Boogeyman. If you encounter this abomination either run fast or fight with * or maybe some big gun.

I actually tried the icon of sin easter egg without knowing about it, even shot a rocket. I guess I wasn't hitting it at the right spot, I was at the exit of that area.

Protip: Shoot the rocket from far away, not close

AwesomeO-789 said:

I actually tried the icon of sin easter egg without knowing about it, even shot a rocket. I guess I wasn't hitting it at the right spot, I was at the exit of that area.

Protip: Shoot the rocket at least 3 times from far away, not close

Fixed.

not an easter egg but if you melee the female body on the left at the beginning of Lazerus she'll float in the air like gravity doesn't affect her.

On argent facility destroyed where you find the chaingun you can find a pile of books on the computers, one is the complete guide for snap maps. (Sorry for no screenshot, the print is too small)

RobbingSnake said:

On argent facility destroyed where you find the chaingun you can find a pile of books on the computers, one is the complete guide for snap maps. (Sorry for no screenshot, the print is too small)

It must be this one:

PureSlime said:

Whereabouts is this one located?

Spoiler

Advanced research complex, hidden area accessed via the toilet at the start.

Voros said:

This is a super scary thing. It is identified as something Too Spooky for me. Why for the love of God does this thing have * * launchers on its shoulders. As if it weren't enough this thing being the Damn Boogeyman. If you encounter this abomination either run fast or fight with * or maybe some big gun.

This is what I got:
"This is a super scary thing. It is identified as something Too Spooky for me. Why for the love of does this thing have missile launchers on its shoulders, as if it weren't enough this thing being the Damn Boogeyman. If you happen to encounter this abomination either run for life or kill it with fire or maybe some big gun."

ya sorry I didn't type it in, I found a bunch of other stuff as well, theres alot of concept art spread throughout the game, I'll get some better screenshots. Did anybody see the Hail the Dark Lord UAC moniter? when I saw that I laughed. its abouv the game devs name placks (the room with kevin clouds name in it) closest to you as you enter.

I tried translating this using different Eastern alphabets but to no avail. Anyone know what it is?

Bucket said:

I tried translating this using different Eastern alphabets but to no avail. Anyone know what it is?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/Numbermind/doomgun_zpssh3xbr6c.png

The chinese? I'm pretty sure thats what it is. I can ask a friend in the morning, if it's that she'll read it for me. I'm interested what the hell script says, I can't remember what language it's based off of but for those who don't know alot of thats real life old script. I'll have to look it up again. I'v seen many of the charactors before.

The second reads 'heaven', or most probably 'sky', but it's not entirely clear what meaning it has in the sentence. It could be the 'blade of 'heaven', 'skysword' , what have you.

Dude's been trapped in eternal torment unable to move in a hellish stone sarcophagus for untold aeons, he's not had time for a manicure.

AirRaid said:

Dude's been trapped in eternal torment unable to move in a hellish stone sarcophagus for untold aeons, he's not had time for a manicure.

He obviously had time to shave both his legs and arms.
/sarcasm

He probably doesn't have any body hair due to the heat of hell combined with the chemical compositions of the environments in which he travels (toxic waste comes to mind)

BluePineapple72 said:

He probably doesn't have any body hair due to the heat of hell combined with the chemical compositions of the environments in which he travels (toxic waste comes to mind)

Please.......

BluePineapple72 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a9JT4Ito-A The canticle that is heard after battles on the Kadingir Sanctum is vey reminiscent of E1M8

I still remember listening to DOOM 1's E1M8's sound track on a GUS since I had crappy MIDI back in the 90s. Wow.

Are there any other tunes like these in DOOM 4? ;)

Almonds said:

The second reads 'heaven', or most probably 'sky', but it's not entirely clear what meaning it has in the sentence. It could be the 'blade of 'heaven', 'skysword' , what have you.

Heavenly Sword? It might be an allusion to the Crucible.