Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DOOMGUY_GODMODE

Theory for new DOOM Story

Marty did say that Doom 2016 is an origin story~

The time line

Doom 3 > Doom 2016 > Doom 1 and 2

Actually makes sense, Who knows!

Yup, as I said. DOOM 2016 Is a origin story, so It's BEFORE the first Invasions on Phobos and Deimos.

The question Is, what happens to Doomguy after that cliffhanger?

Er, no. Most definitely not. Given the backstory to the original game, no. There's no way that Doom 2016 takes place before the other games.

OpenMaw said:

Er, no. Most definitely not. Given the backstory to the original game, no. There's no way that Doom 2016 takes place before the other games.

You question the makers of this game? Dude, were theorizing. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Most likely they took inspirations from earlier games to incorpprate it's story. Doom 2016 is a prequel.

Tritnew said:

The question Is, what happens to Doomguy after that cliffhanger?

If what you guys are saying about it being an origin story, is true, then possibly this:
The UAC this time traps him, and once again they fucked up "somewhere in the future". And that caused you to be released, and journey on the final quest of all quests- The Icon of Sin. And that's when it finally ends... or is it going to happen one last time at the abandoned bases?

I really did not dig that deep into the story. Bus as far as i have understood the ending and what i have read during the game was, that the doom slayer has always fought the demons and he always will do so. Maybe Hayden, or later someone else, will mess again with hell and then they need him again. Like a endless circle.

Hello everybody, iteresting thread you started here.

What do you think: maybe Doom 2016 happenned after Doom1 and Doom2?

Let me suggest, the technologies (UAC bases on Mars, their devices, etc.) we see in Doom 2016 are obviously on higher level than in previous games (but it can be explained that back in 1993 it was not possible to show due to PCs restrictments). Doom 1 took place on the moons of Mars while Doom 2016 takes place on Mars, so maybe the gates on Phobos and Deimos were destroyed, Earth was rebuilt (after Doom 2 events). But then Doom 64 events occured and the Doom Slayer once again cleaned the moons and mutated demons, killed the mother of all demons and moons were totally devastated. Doom 64 ending says that he decided to stay in hell to be sure that no more hellspawn will find a way to Earth and our universe. But a long time passed (I guess 200-300 years) and population of Earth was on lack of resources so UAC restarted the ancient experiment their ancestors had done once. UAC started again investigate the moons (maybe they were guided by old UAC archives contained information of Phobos and Deimos anomalies) but didn't find anything on them, so they turned their look on Mars itself and found similar ruins of the gateways. Then they found sarcophagus where the Doom Slayer was in and it all began again...

and between Doom 64 and Doom 2016 took place Doom 3 (but I'm not sure that Doom 3 in the same universe as Doom 1, Doom 2 and Doom 2016)

HellVain said:

The sarcophagus was found in hell.

Yes, and it fits with Doom 64 ending. And after all we don't know what the Doom SLayer did exactly in hell (after Doom 64) all that time, so I guess, it's possible that he was somehow stiffened or maybe restrained by hell (yet don't forget that hell is the universe with its own physics, if this term can be used here...) and was sealed in sarcophagus or something like that...

What we do know exactly - years of waiting until DOOM 5 (20XX) explains everything :)

It has already been established that hell is in fact literal hell. Also the things you wrote has already been mentioned. Go to page 7.

My theory summarized.

>21st century UAC began experimenting with teleportation technology without knowing about demons
>They mess up and unleash hell on mars, phobos, and deimos
>Doomguy, who was just a normal marine at that time, managed to fight off the forces and returns to earth
>He finds most of earth's population has been decimated by the demons
>He proceeds to find a way to help the last few remaining humans by sending them to space.
>He gets left behind and begins his crusade
> note that this was all recorded on the slayer's testaments, as the demon hold him as thier greatest enemy
>He fights the icon of sin and manages to kill the titan
>Humans begin to come back to earth and he's recruited to kill tje ressurected demons as they posed a threat because of the teleportation technology left behind.
>he kills the mother demon and remains in hell
>While in hell he found another portal to a different demension like earth under seige by demons
>Doomguy helps the Locals and is hailed as a hero
>He settles down in Argent D'nur for a long time
> he tells the people of his past battles
>these become the scripturea and tablets that mention the three "ages" in the slayers testament
>First age is the mastee mind, second age is the titan, and the third age is the mother demon.
>Demons come back in greater numbers as the fall of thier leaders somehow ralied them to take down doomguy
>Doomguy was outnumbered and underpowered. Enter the betrayer.
> The betrayer in my theory is a survivor of one of the universes hell devoured.
> His/Her technological prowess and knoledge helped upgrading the armor to what we see now
> He manages to fight off the demons, and proved to be more ppwerful now
> Most of argent has fallen amd this makes doomguy angry
>He selects the best of the best of the knights to aid him in his crusade
>He launches a counter attack in hell
> Demons trap him
>Back on earth 200-500 years has passed and what happened before was dismissed as a myth or a legend.
>UAC knows hell exists and exploits it.
>Samuel had it under control until olivia came and brainwashed the UAC
>Samuel searches and find the Doom slayers romb in hell as a countermeasure
>Olivia finds out and in her despiration, she let the demons escape and opened a hell portal.
> Samuel wakes up doomguy.

Maxim Nightingale said:

Hello everybody, iteresting thread you started here.

What do you think: maybe Doom 2016 happenned after Doom1 and Doom2?

Let me suggest, the technologies (UAC bases on Mars, their devices, etc.) we see in Doom 2016 are obviously on higher level than in previous games (but it can be explained that back in 1993 it was not possible to show due to PCs restrictments). Doom 1 took place on the moons of Mars while Doom 2016 takes place on Mars, so maybe the gates on Phobos and Deimos were destroyed, Earth was rebuilt (after Doom 2 events). But then Doom 64 events occured and the Doom Slayer once again cleaned the moons and mutated demons, killed the mother of all demons and moons were totally devastated. Doom 64 ending says that he decided to stay in hell to be sure that no more hellspawn will find a way to Earth and our universe. But a long time passed (I guess 200-300 years) and population of Earth was on lack of resources so UAC restarted the ancient experiment their ancestors had done once. UAC started again investigate the moons (maybe they were guided by old UAC archives contained information of Phobos and Deimos anomalies) but didn't find anything on them, so they turned their look on Mars itself and found similar ruins of the gateways. Then they found sarcophagus where the Doom Slayer was in and it all began again...

and between Doom 64 and Doom 2016 took place Doom 3 (but I'm not sure that Doom 3 in the same universe as Doom 1, Doom 2 and Doom 2016)

I agree with a lot of this but the date that the events of Doom 3 take place are before Doom 1. And yes Doom 3 does take place in the same universe as Doom 1 & 2 and Doom 64. I put put Doom 3 first cause it gives a reason as to why the original Mars base was left and why they moved to the moons of mars.

HellVain said:

It has already been established that hell is in fact literal hell. Also the things you wrote has already been mentioned. Go to page 7.

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I agree with all statements but this:

HellVain said:

>While in hell he found another portal to a different demension like earth under seige by demons

So, if the Doom Slayer went to a different dimension, but it is not Earth, right? And how in this dimension could exist Mars with UAC? Or you meant that different dimension was kind of parallel universe?

HellVain said:

I agree with a lot of this but the date that the events of Doom 3 take place are before Doom 1. And yes Doom 3 does take place in the same universe as Doom 1 & 2 and Doom 64. I put put Doom 3 first cause it gives a reason as to why the original Mars base was left and why they moved to the moons of mars.

Doom 3 events take place in 2045, if I'm correct. But I don't remember which year exactly Doom 1 and 2 take place, I gotta search. And I guessed that Doom 3 was in different universe because the Doom Marine looks more "humanised" than his colleagues in Doom 1, 2 and 2016. He never speaks, also when you play you can feel that he also fears and thos hallucinations he had, just my thoughts.

And what do you think about TNT Evilution and Plutonia Experiment? Can they be also put in the story line and related to Doom 2016 or they are not considered as a canon?

He shows fear cause its his first experience with th forces of hell. And Doom 3 takes place on November 15, 2145. While Doom 1 amd 3 take place in the year 2148 three full years after Doom 3. Now Doomslayer was found in 2145 but not sure what year the game itself take place in.

DaRedneckGamer said:

He shows fear cause its his first experience with th forces of hell. And Doom 3 takes place on November 15, 2145. While Doom 1 amd 3 take place in the year 2148 three full years after Doom 3. Now Doomslayer was found in 2145 but not sure what year the game itself take place in.

Ohh, my bad, mistake 100 years :). Samuel Hayden, is he that Hayden who was mentioned in Doom 3? If we put aside DOOM 3, all DOOMs can be related to each other. Also the Titan on the level Titan's Realm - prostrate Icon of Sin? As we know from DOOM 2 Icon of Sin demon is "the biggest demon" and it is mentioned that the entire body was behind the biomechanical wall its face was impacted in on map 30.

Chickensoup101 said:

No, you have it in backwards...

Doom 2016 takes place before Doom 1 and 2.

It might take place before Doom 1 and 2 but doomslayer himself is found in 2145. Some have speculated that the sarcophagus you see in near the end of Doom 3 is Doomslayer. Also there seems to be some speculation that Doom(2016) has no connection to the orginal id timeline that the main four games share. Since this is an id/Bethesda game it might have its own timeline.

Maxim Nightingale said:

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I agree with all statements but this:

So, if the Doom Slayer went to a different dimension, but it is not Earth, right? And how in this dimension could exist Mars with UAC? Or you meant that different dimension was kind of parallel universe?

Doom 3 events take place in 2045, if I'm correct. But I don't remember which year exactly Doom 1 and 2 take place, I gotta search. And I guessed that Doom 3 was in different universe because the Doom Marine looks more "humanised" than his colleagues in Doom 1, 2 and 2016. He never speaks, also when you play you can feel that he also fears and thos hallucinations he had, just my thoughts.

yes, I theorize that there is indeed a multiverse and that the demons we fight are basically corrupted denizens of those universes that hell devoured. I believe thst hell is a.cosmic entity that feeds on souls and likes torture as heard in disembodied demonic voices that tempt anyone and anything with the promise of power. The being could not be seen but felt through Hell/Argent energy.

In this new doom, the demons all have glowing eyes which turns dark the moment you kill them. I believe that these are basically hosts for tortured and corrupted souls. Vessels that serve as prison.

Amd okay, I guess I can accept Doom 3 as a prequel. The marine and the doom marine are separate though. Doom 3's events would lead to the discovery of hell and thus UAC continued it's research, but as the artifacts were no longer around to protect them, Hell began it's first preimtive attack.

I'm taking notes from the cthulu mythos to make these theories so forgive me if it may seem confusing.

DaRedneckGamer said:

It might take place before Doom 1 and 2 but doomslayer himself is found in 2145. Some have speculated that the sarcophagus you see in near the end of Doom 3 is Doomslayer. Also there seems to be some speculation that Doom(2016) has no connection to the orginal id timeline that the main four games share. Since this is an id/Bethesda game it might have its own timeline.

There are dozens of sarcophaguses in Doom 3 ant Doomslayer was found in a slab-like sarchophagus. I think that mars was an early attempt by another race in telepprtation but instead opened up a portal to mars. As the colonized mars, said portal began to malfunction and let the demons in.

HellVain said:

There are dozens of sarcophaguses in Doom 3 ant Doomslayer was found in a slab-like sarchophagus. I think that mars was an early attempt by another race in telepprtation but instead opened up a portal to mars. As the colonized mars, said portal began to malfunction and let the demons in.

I'm not agreeing with the theory that doomslayer was on mars i was just pointing out that some people have speculated it. After a lot of digging i now stand firm that Doom 2016 takes place in a completely different universe. It would be impossible for doom guy and Doomslayer to be the same person cause doom guy is just a normal human while its clear that doomslayer aint. Doom 1-3 all take place in the same universe as the Wolfenstine games. Doom marine and doom guy are the same person and that persons name is b.j. blazkowicz iii, Doom RPG even confirms this. It wouldn't make sence for Doom 3 take place the same year doomslayer is found that year being 2145. BUT this is my theory

one of my early theories is that doom slayer might die and another takes his place, namely a lone surviving marine on phobos Thus repeating the doom slayer's testament, this time you're just a marine trying to survive and not a vengeful ancient soldier that hell fears.

Also Doom RPG's protagonist was unnamed but it's speculated that It's the marine from doom 3 since both games basically have the same story and characters while Doom 2 rpg's was Stan Blazcowickz. Not B.J. Blazcowickz III, a descendant, not his great great grandson.

My personal theory is the following, currently, and the only chain of events I can see making sense without retconning serious details from all the games:

Doom 1/2/NR4TL/Final/Doom 64 are the original timeline ending with the original Doomguy's choice to stay in Hell. He gradually becomes more and more powerful, finds Argent D'Nur, becomes the leader of the Night Sentinels, and has his clearly human-created armor upgraded by the "wretch" so that it is capable of using the energy of Hell itself against the demons. Argent D'Nur is destroyed and Doomguy goes on an eternal quest of vengeance.

Somehow, the events of the Doom 3 series happen, either in another dimension, or after an unimaginable amount of time wherein human history has basically been rebooted (Doom 2016 states that the original Doomguy's battles have spanned literal eons of time; Councilor Swann states that the Demons once occupied the Earth (Doom 2?) and want it back). The ancient civilization ruins on Mars are actually ruins from a previous Earth's civilization which achieved space travel, reached Mars, and colonized it. At some point they discovered teleportation, reopening the gates of Hell. The hero that comes to their rescue is the Doom Slayer, as he is depicted perfectly on their tablets. The answer as to who is buried in that crypt is apparently nobody, however. Why or how it was built, I don't know, maybe it was pre-emptive. The hero of the ancient Martian civilization was said to have been victorious, so it makes no sense from him to have died and been buried there. Perhaps he remained in Hell again, and was assumed lost, and so was buried in effigy out of respect before the survivors fled.

So let's assume the Doomguy remains in Hell and keeps waging his battles until eventually he ends up sealed in the Kadingir Sanctum, which I will note is in Hell, *not* on Mars.

Doom 3 ended in 2145, and Doom 2016 gives 2145 as the date the Doomguy was discovered by the UAC. Odd coincidence to say the least. If this is still in the same dimension, then the UAC must have been continuing its Hell exploration in secret after the disaster. This might explain why they sent Dr. McNeil's team after the Artifact, seemingly knowing what might happen, a couple years later. That it wasn't a total secret is supported in the game itself - McNeil seems oddly worried that something is about to happen, telling her researchers in several PDA messages that they need to hurry and be prepared, to which the researchers seem confused. A mere dock worker in the early part of the game says "It's happening again," so he seems to know of the prior invasion too.

So now after that disaster, decades pass and the UAC eventually returns to Mars, building a significantly more advanced facility and gaining a new goal of exploiting Hell for resources rather than focusing on teleportation, which they know is too dangerous to use (note that harnessing of Argent energy relies on carefully controlled portals to Hell, seemingly open just enough to allow the energy out but not the demons, a technology they seem to have mastered a long time ago). Note the Soul Cube is known of and has been recovered, but has seemingly lost its powers (it doesn't even levitate anymore) as it is sitting on Olivia's desk - so they know about the previous occurrences. Predictably everything happens again, but Samuel has found the original Doom Slayer and brought him back to Mars.

I agree with this to a point. Doom 3 does take place in the same timeline as Doom 1 through Doom 64. Doom 3 was a prequel kinda like Halo Reach. Just caise it came after don't mean anything. Doom 3 sets up the events for the other games. UAC begins their teleportation research creating portals into hell. Doom 1-64 all had teleportation pads even Doom RoE had the same pads. Either Doom 2016 takes place in a different timeline OR it takes place many years after Doom 64.

Doom 3, Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom(2016)

It maybe possible that Doom 2016 takes place in a new timeline since bothe id sofware and Bethesda both worked on the game making more of a hard reboot

I'm kinda confused why Doomslayer's Preator suit looks so modern and has small english text " Caution " ( Except for the alien language symbol on the helmet )

Edit : If the preator suit was made in hell, the suit would have contain demonic symbols on it and hellish looking. But it's like the suit was made by human engineering.

He is the same guy from 1 and 2, hell you even find the dead icon of sin....
The armor is the same armor from 1 and 2, only it looks a bit different, because it's a current gen game

Doom 1-2-64-2016

Doom 3 is in another universe and is the counterpart of Doom 1.

Wild Dog said:

The armor is the same armor from 1 and 2, only it looks a bit different

Not it's not same armor, according to that demon voice thing. Someone build an armor for Doomguy in hell.

Doom 2016 features the same protagonist from the original games, although the universe in 2016 appears to be an alternate one from the original. His suit looks human because it's either a heavily modified version of the suit from the original games or a suit made for him by the Night Sentinels that is based off of his original suit. Hell is a dimension outside of time and reality that connects to numerous alternate dimensions.

He became a Night Sentinel by aiding them in their conflict with hell. He became their leader by being the most badass individual amongst them. He's human, and it's entirely possible the Night Sentinels are human too, although maybe not from Earth.

I like the lore they created for 2016, it allows people to create the connections to the other games in the series how they like rather than having an interpretation that's set in stone. They approached it like mythology and I dig it.

I'm going to say this one last time. Doom 2016 is in its own timeline

Doom 3-2145
Doom RoE-2147
Doom 1&2-2148
Final Doom-2148
Doom 64-2148

So tell me, where does Doom 2016 fit in that time line if Doomslayer was found in 2145 and the events begin on 2149? Hell even the Doom RPG website confirmed that Doom 1-3 are in the same timeline.