Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katarhyne

Amazing Palette-Shifting Gibs

Doomworld is very proud to announce that we have a new hosted site, the Doom-related comic strip The Green Pile, done by the very talented Silverwyvern. Head over there and have a chuckle or five at the current strips, featuring the adventures of young Hiss and Scratch. Silverwyvern has a bit of her Doom-related art up, as well.

kristus said:

First doom comic that is actually good.

I agree. from one artist to another, thats good work. I like the doom art page also. the doom inspired monters is mad cool. if I ever get a website up, I'll definately put my doom art up.

Damn those Comics r good, and funny heh. Those pics are very impressive also, i envy ur skills to b able to draw...Boy, I'll love the day I will be able to draw a perfect circle ;)...sumday....

The comic is cute, albeit somewhat typical. The duo reminded me of R2D2 and C3PO... To me the ultimate DOOM comic would entwine its comicality with the game per se as well as, and maybe more than, the story or setting (albeit there is a tinge of that with the 'jumping marines' line.) I like that demon at the end of the Art section.

I'm seeing all this on a VGA at the moment, so I can't get a grasp of the colors...

* myk wonders if mewse found that ring he is wearing within a secret grotto in The Necropolis

Hey myk, it's better than being compared with the comic book guy from the film "Unbreakable".

Grazza said:

Hey myk, it's better than being compared with the comic book guy from the film "Unbreakable".

Eh... I'm not overly concerned, since, as they say, ignorance is bliss. Comic book guy?

I did read comics when I was a teen, though. The demon I mentioned even reminds me a bit about the style of an artist I liked back then; Timothy Truman.

I like how the comic portrays Hiss the caco as a friendly lovable tomato thing you couldn't resist giving a great big hug.

Quite funny.

"YOU WOULDN'T... THAT'S IT!"

I can imagine the Imp having a whiny British accent for some reason.

I can imagine the Imp having a whiny British accent for some reason.

Is that a nice way of saying American accent?

Interesting little site, Im still trying to get my head round the idea of a Doom comic though.

I Love the artwork and the lack of fancy (SLOW) Flash/Java crap.

I also love that its a 'real life' girl doing the stuff but then Im a sad old bastard.

I hate Caco's, always have, always will, ugly red bastards.

Those comics are cute! Nicely drawn too.

Teaming up an imp and a caco :))

I'll have to check that site once in a while for updates to the comic.

This reminds me... where is that comic with the two triangles and one of them "waggles" or something..?