Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CptAhab

Looking for sprites/ spriters

Hey everyone,

So, I'm looking for spriters or for all done sprites available for download
I'm actually working on a mod that many seems to be waiting for.
I felt like it has to be done, so I'm definetly going to finish this.
The mod itself will be a Resident Evil themed game running with Doom2.
I'm alone on this project for the moment, and there's a lot of things to do.
That's why I'm asking for your help to take care of this task.
As I did not find much to do with on Realm667 ( for example ).

Here's what I need :

-Zombies sprites, Mansion walkers and Scientists.
-Hunter sprites, melee attack and jump attack motions
-Giant Snake Sprites, one type clean, one injured/burned.
-Static giant plant waving tentacles
-One big tyrant with bloody claws !

That's pretty much all I need, oh there's that brainsucker sprite I would need too but I just found one that looks pretty much alike. Same goes for the shark and the dogs, neptune just needs to be rezised a bit, but if you have any propositions or any links to give, I'd like to check that out.

Thanks, rip and tear doomers.

Realm667 does have zombie scientists.

Mostly likely you're going to have to have something to show before people will put in this kind of work for your project. A few completed levels with stand-in monsters, for instance. Or you can release other, smaller projects first and build up a reputation that speaks for itself. What you're proposing sounds like it will ultimately prove too ambitious for a first wad.

Not Jabba said:

Realm667 does have zombie scientists.

Mostly likely you're going to have to have something to show before people will put in this kind of work for your project. A few completed levels with stand-in monsters, for instance. Or you can release other, smaller projects first and build up a reputation that speaks for itself. What you're proposing sounds like it will ultimately prove too ambitious for a first wad.

I know what you mean, seems fair to me. I'll try to show how things actually look, the main floor of the mansion is almost done, I just have to fill up the rooms and set up my textures, only the ennemies will be missing. Thanks for your advice !

Kontra Kommando said:

I'll take a look, thank you mate

I could try and help to make the spriting job. With Blender it's became much easier! :)

Gustavo6046 said:

I could try and help to make the spriting job. With Blender it's became much easier! :)

Well, if you think you could handle this, I'm not gonna say no.
I'm pretty busy with the script part and the maps, so yeah.
Maybe you could try to create one sprite to begin with, so I can see what you can do.
If you really got this, you can be sure that your time wont be wasted.
At least, as said up here, wait for me to post a few pictures and details about this project so you can make your own advice on the purpose of this work.

Thanks for being on proposal :)

Gustavo6046 said:

No you don't.

CptAhab said:

Maybe you could try to create one sprite to begin with, so I can see what you can do.
At least, as said up here, wait for me to post a few pictures and details about this project so you can make your own advice on the purpose of this work.

Don't trust that guy, look at his avatar, does it look like something you'd wanna have in your wad?

CWolf said:

No you don't.

Yeah, that's old.

joe-ilya said:

Don't trust that guy, look at his avatar, does it look like something you'd wanna have in your wad?

That's just a cool avatar made in GIMP, not a sprite I rendered from Blender (as I do now for perfection) and automatically generate from Python scripts!

CptAhab said:

I already made some 24Hz sprites! For that brainsucker. I know you already have them, but I just wanted to prove myself and my editing ways.

NOT TESTED! I'm still doing the DECORATE and it's just sprites by now.

CWolf said:

That's just a stupid trash can. Eventually empty as your head.

I agree it's bad but there is absolutely no reason to insult him. He made a mistakr and he will (probably) learn from it.

joe-ilya said:

-I wont be accepting something that is not even close of what I'm expecting anyway.

Gustavo6046 said:

Yeah, that's old.

That's just a cool avatar made in GIMP, not a sprite I rendered from Blender (as I do now for perfection) and automatically generate from Python scripts!

I already made some 24Hz sprites! For that brainsucker. I know you already have them, but I just wanted to prove myself and my editing ways.

NOT TESTED! I'm still doing the DECORATE and it's just sprites by now.

Maybe you should see what brainsuckers look like before...

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/residentevil/images/f/f6/Drain_Deimos.png/revision/latest?cb=20150726153347&path-prefix=fr

CptAhab said:

O.K., maybe I did a completely different concept of brainsucker, that is mechanical robot that sucks brains to complete sentiency, instead of the imp-like thing you want. But I may help you for uncommon sprites that maybe could be done in Blender with not much vertex messing and such.

CptAhab said:

Those are Chimeras, the insectoid-like monsters from the first Resident Evil. They appear when you enter the engine room of the underground Umbrella Lab. This are a completely different monsters from the Lickers (I believe this is what you're referring to as a "Brain sucker") http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Licker

http://monster.wikia.com/wiki/Chimera_(Resident_Evil)

Here is an original concept drawing of them:

If you could put these guys in the game, it would be badass. These are probably my favorite Resident Evil monster. I really used to dread having to face them.

Here's an action figure of one; this features the back appendages.

Resident Evil 2 originally was supposed to feature a similar monsters that was Half-man, Half-cockroach. The chimeras were half-human, half-fly.

No doubt, this monster took inspiration from the Brundlefly, from the movie The Fly (1986).

That's exactly what I'm refeering to ! Thanks for the correction.
I did not pick the right monster, the one I was talking about is from Resident Evil 3.
And are actually named Brainsuckers. They kinda look alike, so that's why I made this mistake. I wish I can make this too, these monsters are so freaking painful to deal with, it's gonna add some spice for the last missions. The big problem is how do I make those crawl on the ceilings ? Never saw a mod with such a feature. Though, I'm sure I can find a way, you can do so many things with nowadays stuff.

Now you say it and compare those pictures, I think it's obvious.
The Fly, wow... this movie is awesome, I think I might watch it again someday.