Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deatheye

Today I got my Chubbymoose

Today I got my Chubbymoose I won with 9 other people a few weeks ago in the myminifactory cyberdemon contest

I want to thank the people who supported me, thank you :)

Schweet, but recommend taking it to a proper miniature design artist for a professional paint/detailing. Model is beautiful, but their paint job looks like a afterthought.

Buckshot said:

Schweet, but recommend taking it to a proper miniature design artist for a professional paint/detailing. Model is beautiful, but their paint job looks like a afterthought.

yes it's awfully painted :(

I was lucky enough to win as well, so mine should be arriving any time!

I totally agree with the paint job, though... could be much better. :-(

Concrats!

But that paintjob is so awful it normally stems from < 10 year old children who paint their first miniatures.

If the model/material lends to repainting it, do it. Even the most basic techniques (washing, drybrushing) will turn it into an even better eye catcher.

Edit: is only the name thing 3D printed, or the whole miniature? Can't tell from the picture.

Glaice said:

I don't like the paintjob either.

What I find more disturbing at the moment is - judging by the photo we have here - this looks like a product from a typical low-cost 3D printer (I don't wanna critize them, as I can't afford anything bigger). That's why I asked if it's only the name plague, or the while kit that is printed that way. High-quality prints (in model making) are not durable/strong enough to be handed out to people...

Then again, I truly don't want to talk these gifts down. I am quite sure that most people here envy the owners.

Technician said:

Looks like shit.

blame the lighting/flash making it seem overly shiney

I'm uh, surprised that no one mentioned the fact that the Cybie's robotic toes and knee are golden.

Either way, that's a very HORRIBLE paint job.

LittleBurger said:

Why is its hand white? Is that just an overabundance of shine caused by the flash and the type of paint or what?

it's a light blue, even on their homepage it looks like that :/

and btw they said it's 30cm big - but it's only 23cm high WITH socket

well, at least I got it for free and it has some value as a collectible

Deatheye said:

it's a light blue, even on their homepage it looks like that :/

and btw they said it's 30cm big - but it's only 23cm high WITH socket

well, at least I got it for free and it has some value as a collectible

Is it actually a layered 3D print? At least it looks like one (with the horizontal lines, the excess PLA/ABS on the flame etc.)

Deatheye said:

Today I got my Chubbymoose I won with 9 other people a few weeks ago in the myminifactory cyberdemon contest

I want to thank the people who supported me, thank you :)

Can we use this on the Doom Wiki?

Looks like this was painted in elementary art class by little kids.

Looks like shit.

Quasar said:

Can we use this on the Doom Wiki?

sure why not :D

but the photo is not so good, I could take another one if you want, the cybermoose won't look better on it though lol

tuo said:

Is it actually a layered 3D print? At least it looks like one (with the horizontal lines, the excess PLA/ABS on the flame etc.)

yes it's a 3D print

Deatheye said:

yes it's a 3D print

Okay, then my initial intinct was correct.

I still envy you, because not many own this thing, regardless of how cheap it was done. It is a great (if not a legendary) centerpiece in a DooM/iD-collection!

Deatheye said:

sure why not :D

but the photo is not so good, I could take another one if you want, the cybermoose won't look better on it though lol

If you think you can get one with a bit less flash glare, I'll wait. I'm not that picky as long as we have something we can use though, thanks.

Quasar said:

If you think you can get one with a bit less flash glare, I'll wait. I'm not that picky as long as we have something we can use though, thanks.

I had the sun behind me and I have only a phone cam :D

It would be good if it didn't have that weird-ass light blue slapped onto it's hand and jaw.
Almost looks like a paint fuckup.

The Civ said:

It would be good if it didn't have that weird-ass light blue slapped onto it's hand and jaw.
Almost looks like a paint fuckup.

exactly what I thought, I even checked their homepage to see if it's supposed to look like that

Hey Death, who delivered yours? FedEx? UPS?

I still haven't received mine, so I'm starting to get a bit worried. Perhaps it was sent by USPS? In that case I'll just have to pick it up at my post office because the one in this lame-ass little town doesn't even deliver.

chubz said:

Hey Death, who delivered yours? FedEx? UPS?

I still haven't received mine, so I'm starting to get a bit worried. Perhaps it was sent by USPS? In that case I'll just have to pick it up at my post office because the one in this lame-ass little town doesn't even deliver.

Royal Mail / GLS

Deatheye said:

Royal Mail / GLS

Aw crap, I bet it's USPS for me then. I have to work over the weekend so I won't even be able to check 'till Monday!