Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frisky

SLADE v3.1.1.1 - Audio Won't Play

Note: I wanted to post this on the Slade forums, but for some reason, I wasn't getting an email or activation code.

So, a few days ago, I got the newest version of SLADE and tried to play some music through it. However, the music wouldn't play and neither did any other sounds or audio.

I don't know the cause of this problem or a way to show you what is the problem. If you do have a way to let me give you info about this and show you what's happening, please tell me ASAP.

Do you have all the required DLLs in the SLADE install directory?

There should be libsndfile-1.dll and openal32.dll for playing sounds in general, libfluidsynth.dll for playing MIDI though you can do without, and FreeImage.dll for displaying graphics.

Gez said:

There should be libsndfile-1.dll........

Are you sure that you need libsndfile-1.dll?

The other three dlls are included in the 3.1.1.1 download but not libsndfile-1.dll,
and general sounds (mp3, ogg, etc) play just fine.

Kappes Buur said:

Are you sure that you need libsndfile-1.dll?

The other three dlls are included in the 3.1.1.1 download but not libsndfile-1.dll,
and general sounds (mp3, ogg, etc) play just fine.

Once a time I heard SLADE3 needs WiMP (Windows Media Player) to play general audio files on Windows. :/

I didn't have a sf2.
Though, I'm looking for a recommended sf2 file. Do you guys know one I should use?