Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NaZa

GRASS1 or GRASS2?

I personally use GRASS2 more because I like that it's more pixelated, and it looks like it's more... wild, I dunno, but I use it much more than GRASS1.

I mostly use GRASS1 in forests, and GRASS2 in industrial areas and such.

What an important topic to discuss!

I think, just pick one of them randomly and don't bother.

I've encountered this dilemma countless times. Most of the time I go with GRASS2 because it looks more detailed or something.

GRASS2 as a default. GRASS1 for cleaner looks -- idyllic natural settings, "carpet", flats to match with green techbase textures, etc. A fun fact is that GRASS2 is the base texture for RROCK19, so they can be used in tandem, with sectors of RROCK19 "detailing" the grass.

ChekaAgent said:

What an important topic to discuss!

I think, just pick one of them randomly and don't bother.

If you don't find a topic interesting and have nothing to contribute, there's no need to post.

rdwpa said:

A fun fact is that GRASS2 is the base texture for RROCK19, so they can be used in tandem, with sectors of RROCK19 "detailing" the grass.

You just gave me a great idea for detailing my new level. Thanks lol :D

GRASS2 looks rougher, or wetter. I find it the most useful, honestly.

I tend to go with the simpler and cleaner one, GRASS1. It's the one found in Entryway, so nostalgia might be a factor too.

Hmm, the difference between them might be much smaller than I thought. Today I played Map05 of Plutonia and I was 100% sure I was looking at GRASS2, but apparently the level uses GRASS1. This once again reminded me that you should really only judge the visuals of your level in the game, not in 3D mode or the texture selection window. They always lie.

I never thought there was a big enough difference to worry over and just picked any of them.