Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robo_Cola

An incongruous resemblance???

Sorta what you said about the suit, since it resembles his button layout...Yet Buzz and the Doom marine have almost nothing in common, the resemblances in their armors is incongruous... Since it doesn't fit in with the Doom theme. Sorry if I phrased that poorly.

So Hell is where Buzz Lightyear ended up? My mind is blown. I guess it's within the realm of possibility that Doom 2016 was inspired by Toy Story and Event Horizon.

Here's another incongruous resemblanc(no pictures though)

Samuel Hayden

AND

Spoiler

The Hammer Drones from Iron Man 2

Sammy: We must stop Olivia the demons from destroying my money making facility.
Doomslayer: Your plan sucks
Sammy: What? you have other options?

Marcaek said:

Metroid is a pretty badass dude it's not hard to see the resemblance

Samus is not a dude, nor is she named Metroid.

LittleBurger said:

Pretty sure anyone sane enough to see the issues of why his entire idea is generally a bad one could give him some better ones.

What?

HellVain said:

What?

Talking about how anyone sane enough could likely give better options, compared to Sams worry about his money making facility.

He seems like a more insidious type of crazy.

Samuel Hayden: You did it... You actually did it. You killed all the demons. I think I've come to understand your motivation, kill them all, leave nothing behind. Now we can continue our work.

Doomslayer: Are you blind? they're everywhere.

Here's another incongruous resemblance: have you noticed that Doom Slayer has the exact same amount of arms and legs as the movie version of Super Mario? Really weird.

Voros said:

???

Do you mean a love relationship?
If so, then one second.
[img*]http://i.imgur.com/KFBxe.jpg[/img]

Ha! Nice. Still... *insert shipping rant about how Samus only has eyes for Solid Snake*

MetroidJunkie said:

The 3D map, the overall level design, the suit's visor, the emphasis on audio logs and downloading maps, secret perma-stat boosters, boots that allow you to double jump, I think id was slightly inspired by the Metroid Prime series.

I also got Super Metroid vibes from the imps, especially with the way they'd shoot at me while clinging to walls.
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/1/1f/ZEBESIAN_SPACE_PIRATES.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20051229165931