Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Potatoguy

What 35 Hours can do. (Damnation: 10 Wave Survival)

DAMNNATION.
CODE: Z4DNAZLL (better seach by putting Damnnation)
Also search (hashtag)Potatoguy if you want

HOLY FUCK, this took forever. This is my first Snapmap, and Boy is it a fun one! Well, i hope it's fun. It is a 10-Wave only survival battle with an in game shop system and lives. No enemies drop hp/armor/or ammo, so you'll have to rely on the shop for resupplying (or dying). Balanced and ready to play. BE WARNED: this is no easy wave fight. I barely scrape the final wave with one life, AND I MADE THE BLOODY MAP.

This is what Damnnation has:
-You start at the shop room to prepare for the wave fight, then exit through a switch to the map. After every fight, you go back to the shop room, buy, and repeat, until you beat the last wave.
-Player starts with a set currency, so he can purchase whatever he wants before entering battle. This allows for weapon variety from the get go!
-Each wave was hand-picked with custom spawners and balanced for rising difficulty! No wave spawners here!
-Include all weapons/equipments of the campaign as purchasable items! (except the BFG)
-Includes stat bonuses as purchasable so you can decide how to build your guy!
-Map is consisted of 3 battle arenas, each having their own feel and difficulty to it.
-Player will have 9 lives before game over. Every death will respawn the player back to the fight, and never back to the starting room. Also every death is an insult to the player.
-IT'S GENUINELY CHALLENGING, AND FUN.

SCREENIES!

UNFORTUNATELY, it is only a singleplayer experience! A two and then four player experience will be implemented whenever I have the chance! Why doesn't it have it now?
CAUSE. THIS.

TOOK.

FOREVER.

This map is pretty tough if you're not sure on how to tackle it, so i set some tips here. (And on the map itself)
+BE WISE ON PURCHASES. Don't spend ammo on weapons that will be replaced a fews seconds later.
+STAY MOVING. This is some double advice shit here, especially on later levels.
+STAY HEALTHLY. Lives count in this wave map. Don't use them all for quick health recharge.
+PLAN AHEAD. Choose what you want, then save your cash to get it. The weapons are low-high on prices for a reason, mostly due to their effectiveness during battle.
+DON'T SUCK. Git gud.

Give your opinions and advice on what is right/wrong on this map! I took AGES to finish it, and i really wish to hear your thoughts!

I will deff check out mate. In return will you check out my 4 player wave map? There are 99 custom waves to get through! Starts easy. Ends crazy hard! Only made it to wave 24 so far! Custom wave maps take a LONG time to make!

Map id HMTB7S82

I played this and enjoyed it a lot. I especially liked how the player rotates between different arenas for each wave. But with that said, I had two issues regarding ammo:

-I couldn't find the store's ammo box for a long while, since it kind of blended into the environment. You should add a banner or something above it.
-You said the player can make purchases during combat, but I couldn't figure out how to do that, so I kept running out of ammo and dying.

I think I made it to wave #8.

I KNEW that those ammo crates would be too hard to see during fights! I just knew!

Ok! Edited the boxes to have a white transparent box surrounding them. That should make them easier to spot!

Same code, same name!

Cool map! This is the first snapmap I played that was actually pretty good. Its still kinda discouraging that the monsters aren't very hard on snapmap (at least compared to the campaign) I beat the tenth wave on first try but I did lose a few lives. I imagine the whole shop thing took a lot of work. Sucks that it takes 35 hours or so to make a good map that takes about 15 minutes to play. The "witness hell" trigger was funny, never fought so many hell barons at once before!!

I did have a lot of fun with it compared to other snapmaps ive played so far. Is there an exit on the map? When I beat the final wave I saw something appear in the shop that said congratulations on it but I couldn't figure out if it was just a trophy or it was an exit teleport or something. If it was, I couldn't figure out how to operate it.

I bought the gauss cannon after a few waves and was really disappointed for how much it cost that you can only carry 4 shots. The rocket launcher gets you much more bang for your buck

Nice map otherwise though! Well done :)

Fun stuff! Though very tough, since the other survival maps I'd played had enemies drop some health, or had health lying around in the arena etc. Plus running back to the ammo machine a lot.

I had only 5 health left when I beat wave 1, and after filling up on health when I got back I only had 750 points left, not enough to buy any guns or armor. So I still had just the burst rifle for wave 2. So I'd like a bit more bang for my buck points, though the challenge is enjoyable too.

I died once in wave 2, and when I beat it and got back to the hub I only had 395 points, less than after wave 1. I didn't miss my shots, so just buying enough ammo to win seems to take up most of my money. But I do dig the combat, it's just would be cool if I got to use some of these power up machines or buy guns. After wave 3 I only had 270ish points if I didn't fill up on ammo, 115 points after I bought ammo. And after wave 1 I never bought any more health, just used a couple lives.

So I dig the combat, and it's fun, just I can't buy anything other than ammo. So being more generous with what points can buy you, and maybe with ammo too, would be fun. I'm guessing filling up on health from near death after wave 1 was what threw off the money balance here.

That's odd. You say its tough, but another guy said it was too easy. Intersting...

Well, the Reps count should have low tier weapon-buying amounts by wave 4. If you save up your Reps, you can even get the Chaingun by wave 4! You even start out with a large amount anyway, thats enough to get a shotty or HAR.

Here's how i had the currency gain.
Wave 1 = 600
Wave 2 = 900
3 = 1200
4 = 1500, and so forth. You always get 300 more than the last wave.
That said, this wave fight IS pretty rigorous, so i wouldn't be surprised of your hast spendages. HELL, i was that fucked when i was first playtesting the map! Maybe i'll drop the price of guns in the future (like the Gauss cannon).

OH YEAH! The victory thing at the end of the waves, you were supposed to step into it, then click (triangle) to win (and get 100000 points!) Sorry it wasn't clear enough. :(

I gotta admit, this was a really fun map, the best snapmap that i've played so far.
But gotta say that i was really disappointed with the gauss cannon, the thing has a high cost, only carries 4 shots, and it barely does the damage i would expect for such a few ammo. Im not sure if it's an snapmap limit of something.

Either way, it's a great map, really fun indeed

Potatoguy said:

OH YEAH! The victory thing at the end of the waves, you were supposed to step into it, then click (triangle) to win (and get 100000 points!) Sorry it wasn't clear enough. :(

Ah, where is this? And what does it look like? I just replayed tried again, played waves 1 through 3, but only a teleporter that says "return to shop" appears after I beat a wave. It gives me no points.

I looked around the arenas, I don't see anything to press the use button on after a wave other than the ammo machine. (is E button for me on PC, I guess that's what triangle is)