Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Predict the Rotten Tomatoes score for the upcoming Ghostbusters reboot

Captain Red said:

you know what I do when I think a movies is going to be bad I just go online and talk and talk and talk about it marketing hates that

i sure hate the 2016 Ghostbusters™, coming to Regal™ theaters July 14th. (don't) get your tickets now!

(this forum post paid for by Sony Pictures Entertainment)

Jello said:

Yeah, you've been a member since 2004. Now you should grow the fuck up. Every post of yours that I've read you've been an antagonist. You act like you're the grown up, and you try to point that out in every post, but you don't post anything except sophomoric drivel.

u jello?

Before opening the thread, I could tell the standard Doomworld radprogs would line up to give much higher scores than normal users. Results do not disappoint.

(Well, some of you anyway. Certain names are missing, which in itself speaks volumes; smarter idiots can realise this trainwreck is not worth associating themselves with)

To those unaware, beyond the women cast, the movie has also pushed hard having a female crew. Therefore the feminist hivemind decided to back it fully. As anything in that religion that pretends not to be one has to be "with us or against us", anyone who dislikes this movie clearly must do so because of sexist reasons.

Nevermind Mad Max 4 was enjoyed by pretty much everyone as the media fellated themselves over this great victory of forward thinking just a few months ago. If one movie with women protagonists gets critical acclaim and if another is blasted to shreds, the only sensible explanation is clearly that the patriarchy has had a resurgence in the past few months.

The foul seven-headed beast of misogyny is upon us once again, and it's up to you, indiscriminate thirty-something upper middle class anglosaxon white male, to take arms against it by going on old video game forums and making the ludicrous claim people will refuse to see the movie because there's women in it.

Where does the "male feminist" nonsense get you, honestly? All I see around me is growing intolerance for your antics. Even women feminists pen up articles lamenting how unattractive your kind is. And yes, I use "your kind", because it's stunning how interchangeable, predictable and void of independent thought all of you espousing the ideology act. Even one of those algorithms tracking people based on their writing patterns couldn't tell the difference anymore.

Seriously, if you want to take up social causes that bad, here's a few topics you can throw yourself into without looking like a deluded asshole to normal people:
- starving children
- war in Africa
- child labor in China
- human trafficking
- acid attacks on girls going to school
- pollution
- CEO compensation
- drug cartels

But yeah, no, go ahead and go on a crusade about a Ghostbusters reboot instead. Go on and link the Wikipedia page on fallacy of relative privation, and as you press "submit reply", jerk your tiny pecker off over how much of an intellectual you are. As you defend Ghostbusters.

I predict 70%. Fieg is a comptent director and screen sriter and can pump out quality movies. Both spy and bridesmaids have been received well by critics.

Tritnew said:

At least a 13%.

Why bastardize our childhoods? First, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, now Ghostbusters.

All I can say Is; I'll rather be damned to watch The Room for the rest of my life, then watch this excuse of a "reboot".

Yea ghost busters was never exploited before. Its not like its one of the most milked pieces of american media out there

Heh, he's been losered. There's no reason to be a sourpuss here, we're just having fun trashing around this reboot.

It's not milked? Hmm... Let me check the large amount of videos having to do with this reboot, OH, and the Ghostbusters DVD sets too.

Yeah, uh. I wouldn't say It hasn't been milked, but It Is a cult movie.

Phml said:

Great post

Great analysis. Looks like he pissed off a 30-something white male feminist nerd with a tiny pecker though.

I have a question. Does "that kind" only exist on the internet or do you guys actually encounter people like that in real life? Somehow it's hard to believe that you could have a similar debate outside of the web, it would just look too ridiculous I think. In Russia feminism is not a major topic, maybe that's why I feel like this.

kuchitsu said:

Does "that kind" only exist on the internet or do you guys actually encounter people like that in real life? Somehow it's hard to believe that you could have a similar debate outside of the web, it would just look too ridiculous I think.

It exists on the internet and in some liberal arts college classes. I've never met one in the wild.

kuchitsu said:

I have a question. Does "that kind" only exist on the internet or do you guys actually encounter people like that in real life? Somehow it's hard to believe that you could have a similar debate outside of the web, it would just look too ridiculous I think. In Russia feminism is not a major topic, maybe that's why I feel like this.

Sadly Melbourne Australia has extreme leftist and peasant "conservatives" debating and protesting quite often. Sometimes leading to violent actions, mostly initiated by the modern hippies, oddly enough.

Not about Ghost Buster topics of course, but silly irrelevant issues nonetheless.

PureSlime said:

That was quite the overreaction.

More like a kneejerk reaction. What a dumbass.

Tritnew said:

Heh, he's been losered. There's no reason to be a sourpuss here, we're just having fun trashing around this reboot.

It's not milked? Hmm... Let me check the large amount of videos having to do with this reboot, OH, and the Ghostbusters DVD sets too.

Yeah, uh. I wouldn't say It hasn't been milked, but It Is a cult movie.

You can't be one of the most popular pieces of media of all time and be a cult movie at the same time.

Phml said:

give much higher scores

male feminist

crusade

What "scores"? What "male feminist"? What "crusade"? Are you referring to how we gave a prediction for how someone else would rate the movie (for clearly divergent if not undisclosed reasons) and expressed brief bewilderment at some of the ire surrounding it? Ah, damn, sorry we ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶d̶ forced our agenda down your throat again.

dethtoll said:

but y'all are acting like it's the worst thing to happen to society since universal suffrage.

Since when is suffrage a bad thing?

mistercow said:

You can't be one of the most popular pieces of media of all time and be a cult movie at the same time.

Oh?

I would, but I wouldn't say that about Texas Chainsaw or Halloween.

I say about 20% or so for neo-GB. No comments on feminism or whatever you're all ranting about, just looks bad.

mistercow said:

Blues brothers is the only one thats a cult fim. The rest are very popular pieces of film

Like are you really gonna call fucking alien a cult film?

Well I already did.

The rest are very popular pieces of film

So is Evil Dead. Popularity doesn't necessarily mean not cult.

rileymartin said:

Great analysis. Looks like he pissed off a 30-something white male feminist nerd with a tiny pecker though.

I like this assumption. Needs more effort tho. B- grade.

TraceOfSpades said:

Well I already did.

Alien's like, one of the most influential sci-fi movies of all time, its influence spreading to numerous other video-games and movies. if Alien was a cult-classic, it would've been relegated to little nerdy circles, who discussed and viewed the movie at great length, and there wouldn't have been games like Metroid, Super Contra and you know, fucking Doom aping off of its success.

TraceOfSpades said:

Oh?

Is cult another buzzword these days? It's pretty much the opposite of popular or highly recognized works. Then again, pop-punk was a thing so anything can happen.

By that logic, a cult film can cease to be a cult film just by exposure. If that's the case, then The Blues Brothers and the Evil Dead series can't be cult because they're so popular.

TraceOfSpades said:

By that logic, a cult film can cease to be a cult film just by exposure. If that's the case, then The Blues Brothers and the Evil Dead series can't be cult because they're so popular.

I genuinely always thought this was the case and would never have considered something as world famous as the friggin' Blues Brothers to be a "cult film". I don't think a things value is affected by it having a "cult following" or whatever mind you, I always thought it was merely a measure of popularity and exposure, and consequently wouldn't consider any of the films listed to be "cult" by any measure, honestly.

Something like Aqua Teen Hunger Force might have what you'd call a cult following, but even then it's just way too popular to categorize it that way in my mind.

It will probably get crumpled because it will be unable to fit the mantle of the originals, like most remakes/reimaginings.

Nostalgia is a hard obstacle, that and so far even the trailers look like shit.