Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belphegore

Suggestion for Doom Builder

I'm not sure if Pascal is still here activ, but I have a little sugestion/question for Doom Builder.
Is it possible to embed the original thing sprites in the 2d view of Doom Builder instead of the recent thing view or at least to make a switch between the original thing sprite view and the recent view?

I first saw this I think in DCK and I have to say it was much easier and faster to identify things. So it will be not longer necessary to go into the edit mask of a thing to identfy the type of an enemy or other things.

Maybe there is already a switch to chance the thing view, but I really could not find one.

Guest Unregistered account

You can view Thing Properties by simply hovering your mouse over objects in Doom Builder 2. GZDoom Builder already has what you're describing, you should/could switch to that. C:

Thanks for the info about GZDoom, I'll have a look.

I know that I can see the thing sprite in the properties, that was what I meant with edit mask ;)

belphegore said:

I know that I can see the thing sprite in the properties, that was what I meant with edit mask ;)

That is not what Kapanyo meant.

In Doombuilder2, move your mouse over the thing and you can see what it is on the bottom,

In GZDoom Builder, which icon you see depends, obviously, on the zoom level.
Zoomed in you see this

zoomed out, it works as in DB2.

Okay, know I understand! Thanks for the clarifying.
My bottom line was reduced and I never had a look at it, so I wondered what he was meaning...

I have inferred what you probably meant, too. I still don't understand why you'd call it a "mask".

Because english is not my native language and there was nothing better that came to my mind at that moment.
Never heard of a screen mask?
Hope that all ambiguities are cleared ;)

Fair enough about not being a native speaker, but yes, mask was certainly the wrong word to use here. In the context you used the word, the terms "popup", "dialogue box" and "window" would have been better suited.

On topic, your question has been answered, all features you are asking for are available in the brilliant GZDoom Builder. Don't let the name fool you, this version of DB2 is NOT for GZDoom only. You can use it for practically any sourceport.