Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

"Slayer"

TraceOfSpades said:

Are new doomers seriously referring to Doomguy as Slayer?

I guess. It makes sense for new ones to make an abbreviation of Doomslayer into Slayer.

Voros said:

I guess. It makes sense for new ones to make an abbreviation of Doomslayer into Slayer.

That does make sense, but using Slayer sounds weird. I wonder how that will sound in some sequel to this Doom game (if one is made) where Doomguy is just referenced to as Slayer all the time (I'll probably wonder who they are talking about before remembering them abbreviating Doomslayer).

They should call him just "Doom" like in Quake 3. For he is the one who brings Doom upon the demons.

I Refer to it as "Doomslayer" if i were talking about Doom '16, Haven't seen New Doomers calling it Slayer .

In the game I don't think you're called Doom Slayer (I think) and in the codex it's Doom Marine.

Doom wiki said:

He is known by the UAC variously as the "Doom Marine" and the "Doom Slayer." Other names and epitaphs for this protagonist, mostly given to him by the demons, include the "Hell Walker," the "Unchained Predator," and the "Scourge of Hell."

I prefer Doom Marine, but sometimes I call him Doom Slayer because story.

But overall? I always called Doomguy "The Doom Marine" even In the originals.

It IS a different character, so who cares.

He has many names, for he has lived for centuries in hell, the demons fear him.

Didn't yall muthafuckas listen to the Slayer's Testaments?

Edit: something interesting, one of the testaments said "he hunted the slaves of doom" I wonder if "Doom" is Satan, maybe a future mega boss?

TheWizard said:

He has many names, for he has lived for centuries in hell, the demons fear him.

Didn't yall muthafuckas listen to the Slayer's Testaments?

Edit: something interesting, one of the testaments said "he hunted the slaves of doom" I wonder if "Doom" is Satan, maybe a future mega boss?

Since it wasn't in capitals, I can understand it is just a euphemism for the demons like 'shadow horde'. There is a Dark Lord of the 4th Age, he is the one who is always commanding the demons in the last levels. 'Kill him' 'He must not be allowed to free them' etc.

Specifically, the barons of hell are 'the current Royal Guard of the unknown dark lord of the fourth age' and 'it is safe to assume if their power has grown, so has their master's'.

I am assuming the sequel will tie all loose ends and have 3 more bosses like this one: Hayden, Icon of Sin and the Dark Lord. With some plot twist, possibly one of those being the other.

I just call him Doomguy. I don't give a fuck if it's Doomslayer or slayer.

As far as I'm concerned it's the same old Doomguy from Doom 64, Doom II, and Doom I. He just woke up, and he's pissed off that he got woken up from his nap and demons are back again causing mischief.

He's probably griseled but considering what he looks like coming out of the tomb, I'd say that he's still young. :P

Heejyhorang said:

Doom anime....This games story seems ridiculous enough :)

i think DOOM could do without being made into an anime, some things just shouldn't be subject to that kind of torture.

On topic : DOOMGuy is the go-to name for our hero, but doomslayer seems appropriate enough for a new era where doomguy has a bit more character/story development than previous titles.

Well, it wouldn't really be all THAT bad, at least to me.

Just don't put Anime cliches or make Olivia Pierce sexy and we'll be good to go.

Moon Marin said:

i think DOOM could do without being made into an anime, some things just shouldn't be subject to that kind of torture.

On topic : DOOMGuy is the go-to name for our hero, but doomslayer seems appropriate enough for a new era where doomguy has a bit more character/story development than previous titles.

Doom could be made into an anime. It would just need to be a bit like the Dead Space one.

Just keep it nitty gritty, and keep it really fucking gory.

Doomguy could just be breaking down mentally throughout the anime until he snaps.

As for Olivia Pierce, just keep her the same way as she appears in the game. She's not sexy at all. She reminds me of those damned Prophets from Halo. =P

I have to watch that Doom Slayer video above. But IDK why people say Doom Slayer to be honest. Doomguy makes more sense to me. =)

People say Doom Slayer because that's the character's name in this DOOM.

This Doomguy might be a entirely different person.