Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MR_ROCKET

my new wads have been complete

single player yes but not strictly , most are designed as dm but some are also playable as coop aswell.. have a look see at processing acid or mrq2 for instance :)

got great visuals :) unfortunately, its not like a lotta people are interested in quake-style dm :/

uh yes, doom legacy if i can recall, aint it?

jumping + mouselook, or even multi-leveled floors(?) = quake

nope still sounds like doomlegacy to me..

you know you can turn all that stuff off like i do , except ofcource the 3dfloors.. i cant stand the mouse look..
iv been playing the same way for like 10 years now..

NiGHTMARE said:

999cop: so you're saying that Unreal Tournament is Quake?

Um, ye, kinda, it's close enough, except in UT you have slightly different movements (slower speed and perhaps there is something that I don't know of) and different weapon selections of course. Anyway, neither of them is oldschool.

MR_ROCKET said:

nope still sounds like doomlegacy to me..

you know you can turn all that stuff off like i do , except ofcource the 3dfloors.. i cant stand the mouse look , iv been playing the same way for like 10 years now..

well, whatever, I don't own Doom Legacy and I know most DMers in the community don't, either. I dislike it, to be honest.

lol why , all you have to do is be smarter than your default configuration file cop..

whats your point here anyways - i was just posting news about my new wads..

i dont know what the hell your doing and not sure you do either..

so what do you like ?

999cop said:

Anyway, neither of them is oldschool

Umm, I definitely think we can consider Quake 1 to be oldschool now :)

Don't get me wrong, mr. rocket. I'm very impressed and appreciated by your creations with such great visuals. It's just that it seems sorta pointless mapping for dm maps for Legacy. As far as I concern, most of the regular Doom deathmatchers don't use that port. Wouldn't it seem kind of worthless, instead of rather to map for original Doom supported, or even Zdoom (which I usually don't prefer, but as long as it is supported in Zdaemon)? Then it'd be much more efficient, it'll get more popularity, I suppose.

NiGHTMARE said:

Umm, I definitely think we can consider Quake 1 to be oldschool now :)

hehe, yeah, I know what you mean, I have played Quake 1 dm a couple of times at achool with a few classmates, it was pretty much, it was quiet a lot like Doom except for speed, movements and weapon selections I used to in Doom.

Actually, if you look at making Doom DM maps in terms of how many people are actually going to play it, then it's pretty much pointless making any new DM maps at all :|

The vast majority of DM players these days seem to refuse to play anything other than Doom 2 map01, Doom 2 map07, and a few Dwango levels. You'd have thought they'd be bored with these few levels by now, but I guess not :(

I don't own Doom Legacy and I know most DMers in the community don't, either.

Heh, how exactly did you come to that conclusion?

if you look around a bit you will notice that there are alot of doomers using legacy more than you know..

i myself am an old schooler for say and always loved playing the ol dwango maps , really fun - you might try playing some dm now again dont dwell on your past.. i still play ,how bout you..? and for legacy oh yes -this is 2002 you know , dont you think its time to upgrade ?

Nightmare: I realize nowadays most people who love to play deathmatches, and namely some of the oldschool doomers(gods) have already turned to newer, modern deathmatch style, including Anders. I know nowadays there's only a very few of people left still playing Doom(II) deathmatch online compared to the other recent MP-based games such as Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament. Actually, I personally still am very fond of Doom 2 map01 and some other dwango maps as well and I do still play them often on Zdaemon. Well, however, I think if a new wad with levels featuring gameplay values as great as Doom 2 map01 or certain dwango levels have, I'm sure it could turn out to be very popular day by day as players discover how worthy the levels are.

Rellik: I've been a deathmatcher since the day one I started dooming, and I've been hanging around in Doom deathmatching community long enough. Each one of the most of us knows the fact that is Legacy ain't the best of the choice to use for DM. Usually we use either standard doom2.exe or zdoom.exe(zdaemon.exe).

Mr. Rocket: As far as I'm concerned, most of the deathmatchers I know of don't use Legacy. I've only seen people using that port only on Doom Connector so far. Upgrade? hmm, I have other more important concerns rather than only for the reason that I wanted to be able to run a couple of maps with Doom Legacy. Also, I don't see if there is a point for me to do so, since hardly anyone I know of would use it.

well you said your self you dont even like legacy , why not ? in most cases its a slow system thats holding you back , thats why i suggested it..

i dont know how you can even relate zdoom or zdeamon to doom2.exe , those ports were cool at first but the game play they have is nothing like doom2.exe -they are kinda hacked up if you ask me - legacy is the only one that still has the gameplay that doom or doom2.exe does.. you need to check your self and get a real system that way you could run the other ports that demand more from your system.. ok ? like i said this is 2002 - it would only be for your own good :) - dont dogg a port just because you cant run it.. geez

back to the topic : to other peeps that would rather be into checking out the maps i just released , let me know what you think..:)

http://www.geocities.com/mrrocket2000/mr_homepage.html

NiGHTMARE said:

Actually, if you look at making Doom DM maps in terms of how many people are actually going to play it, then it's pretty much pointless making any new DM maps at all :|

The vast majority of DM players these days seem to refuse to play anything other than Doom 2 map01, Doom 2 map07, and a few Dwango levels. You'd have thought they'd be bored with these few levels by now, but I guess not :(

no shit! i'm sick of those maps! that's why me and my friends LAN with my own deathmatch levels (which smoke dwango btw).

Use3D said:

no shit! i'm sick of those maps! that's why me and my friends LAN with my own deathmatch levels (which smoke dwango btw).

fool, nothing can beat the awesome power of the dwango5!!!!!11111

;)

yea dwango5 does rock and you'l notice i did base a map or 2 of mine off dwango5 map01 in some areas :)

CORE TERMINAL was sort of a base off , ofcource you'll have to play it to know what im talking about though :P
http://www.geocities.com/mrrocket2000/mrcoreterminal_download.htm
*requires doomlegacy

while your at it , why not check out my latest :
PLEXYDOME 2
http://www.geocities.com/mrrocket2000/mr_plexydome2_download.htm
*requires doomlegacy *GL only wad - will not run in software

BOT DM
http://www.geocities.com/mrrocket2000/mr_botmatch_download.htm
*requires doomlegacy and acbot - more info at the url

----------------
http://www.geocities.com/mrrocket2000/mr_homepage.html

Sorry about that 999cop, I just took it as a general slam against Legacy. Yeah, Hurdler says their going to spent a solid couple of months sometime soon just doing the netcode. Guess anything would be better than what they got now. :p

yea no hard feelings here either cop , i'm just wanting to post about my maps and dont really want someone doggin the port iv spent so much time making them for..

No problem. I have to apologize to you guys as well for bragging about Legacy. Although my machine is slow, but it still can run Legacy very well, running at about 30 FPS or so, I think. And I think it's really smooth already, however, it's just not my fav port, personally

Why does people bother to play Doom2 map 07??

It's just a lame unbalanced arena with a sodding megasphere to ruin all fun that could potentially be had in it.

I understand Doom2 map01. It is fun for almost everybody, regardless of skill level and has many facets.

beats me, I'm never a fan of Dead Simple in DM. Perhaps because the map's in a fair & squire pattern?

It's just a matter about who can grab the megasphere first. It might give everybody a fair chance of it but it's still not fun!

In my humble opinion megaspheres doesn't belong in deathmatch, soulspheres might do but not megaspheres.

faith - you dont play map07 with respawning itmes you know :) Old DM goes for every map I can think of except doom2 map11. If you want to see it flow nicely in dm, download some xenos vs domnius dm demos, or older stuff by Vapor/Dasa if you can find it.

About legacy, its a pos imo, but people are entitled to their prefernces, who is to tell them they should play something else. I would never consider playing a legacy deathmatch myselfe, zdoom is doable when there is no possibility of a pure 1.9 game.

I don't buy that thing about the system being what keeps people from playing legacy when its the case. People are into doom for the gameplay (compared to new titles, whats left besides the gameplay to draw attention towards the game anyway? Nostalgia? You hardly play something on a daily basis cus of that.)

MR_Rocket wrote:
>like i said this is 2002 - it would only be for your own good :) - >dont dogg a port just because you cant run it.. geez "

People who still play doom just because their comp can't handle quake3 are sad...I doubt the majority have problems running legacy or any port for that matter. I find it provoking that you belive people sticking to the original game would be "better off" playing some highres version with added features and screwd up gameplay.

999Cop Wrote:
>Nightmare: I realize nowadays most people who love to play >deathmatches, and namely some of the oldschool doomers(gods) have >already turned to newer, modern deathmatch style, including Anders.

Huh? What never moderng dm style did I turn to? :) Yes I play csdoom once in a while, but I still stick to vanilla doom2 dm'ing when there is a shot at it.

Andy Johnsen
Huh? What never moderng dm style did I turn to? :) Yes I play csdoom once in a while, but I still stick to vanilla doom2 dm'ing when there is a shot at it

I meant Quake 3, >:]

Andy Johnsen
People who still play doom just because their comp can't handle quake3 are sad...

ha, I'm one of those people