Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I DUNNO LOL0329

ALPHA TEXTURES ?

Raycaster game maker

I would like to use the doom enigine but I don't want to have to code and I want to use alpha doom sprites but don't want to have a really hard time with scripting

I am not familiar with that engine whatsoever. but, if you want to rip game assets, you can go into slade, right click on the textures, and export as png. of course I do not condone such actions.

Guest Unregistered account

Yeah, if you rip the resources straight from the WAD, you're going to face outcry... assuming your game gets noticed. Even modifying them isn't a good idea. I'd suggest just making new textures based off the Alpha ones.

Kapanyo said:

Yeah, if you rip the resources straight from the WAD, you're going to face outcry... assuming your game gets noticed. Even modifying them isn't a good idea. I'd suggest just making new textures based off the Alpha ones.

ok but how to like rip them form the mod

Open the wad in SLADE3, find a TEXTURE1 lump in it, double-click it to open texture list, select some (possibly all) textures, right-click them and choose "Export To -> Extract Texture". This is how you rip off textures as defined in TEXTURE1. To rip off the rest of graphics (sprites, flats...), select them in the wad, right-click them and choose "Graphic -> Export as PNG".