Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
snapshot

GOG Connect - Add your Steam games to your GOG account .

This isn't to play your GOG games on Steam. This is to add certain games from your Steam library to your GOG account.

NoobBait said:

This isn't to play your GOG games on Steam. This is to add certain games from your Steam library to your GOG account.

Temporarily on a case-by-case basis. So redeem while you can! If you see a new game pop up on the list, grab it right away. I'm still having trouble connecting my accounts. Steam servers must be getting hammered with this.

EDIT: Apparently the system has crashed lol. GOG is advising people to try again on Friday if they're having problems.

Bucket said:

What exactly is the point of this?

1 - Getting DRM-Free games
2 - Getting better versions of some games like "One Unit Whole Blood"

This sounds like a surefire way to ensure that nobody with a Steam account will buy the respective games on GOG again, except out of solidarity.

Because why buy a game on GOG to get the DRM free version when you could get both when buying it on Steam?

Doom64hunter said:

This sounds like a surefire way to ensure that nobody with a Steam account will buy the respective games on GOG again, except out of solidarity.

Because why buy a game on GOG to get the DRM free version when you could get both when buying it on Steam?

MusicallyInspired said:

Temporarily on a case-by-case basis. So redeem while you can! If you see a new game pop up on the list, grab it right away.

It's not for every game and not every game that IS on the list will always be redeemable this way.

Ya ya, Steam may have some drm-free games, but nothing beats GOG in terms of drm-free, besides Steam is like smoking and it's bad, so i'd rather use GOG since it's much more reliable, plus you get bonuses when buying a game, whereas on Steam you do not.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with Steam. It provides many services that GOG does not (and in some cases cannot). But it's nice to see the accomodation for people who preferthe alternative.

It's just a way to entice some Steam users to open a GOG account.

Cool, I've now gotten three new games on GOG: VVVVVV, Braid, and BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

Those are games I got from the Humble Indie Bundle several years ago, so I already had a DRM-free version in addition to the Steam activation key, and so I never felt the need to buy them again on GOG. I also notice that the goodies for them are pretty poor. VVVVVV has some early prototypes so it's always nice if you like this kind of things, but say for example BIT.TRIP is a game I only enjoyed for its soundtrack (which was available in the HIB). Most of the games in their selection, I either don't have them on Steam or already have them on GOG.