Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Multiplayer Speedmap (01:36)

Yeah. I wasn't sure. It is for multiplayer, but it is also clearly a wad/mod. Good thing I said, "probably."

Addendum: I feel like my tone in this might not come off right. I just don't see a lot of maps in the Multiplayer threads. In the future I will post it there.

Here's a video of it. (not monetized (for me at least))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ceAIzE2p0&feature=youtu.be

Not a lot of texture variety, but that's not what I'm interested in at this moment. Is it big enough for a typical server on Zan, ZDae, Oda etc,? Is it balanced? Does it have enough escapes. Is it fair? It's hard to tell without playing it with other people. I think it'd be kickass to play, but I probably have some sort of bias.

Unfortunately I'm not able to move this thread, but I'd be very interested to take a gander at this map this evening!

Played on zandronum with 3 bots, and found the following bugs:

Player must spawns on the weapons (at least a SG / SSG) for a faster response on play, and put a much more powerful weapon / power-up in one place that needs some tricky stuff to get that (like a inaccessible place where you can get it via teleport / switch / whatever you want).

The red circled areas needs to be on plane align slope since ,even in your video looks fine, what port you used?

Green areas are the part that needs to amplied / added in your map, also the section needs a little bit more obstacles on the sothern part of the arena... green boxes are the place where i think you can put a pair of teleport pads...

The other things are ok (player starts, map size) but i'm not sure how human players will react on this...

It reminds me of really oldschool DM maps, though I know it's just a beta. Fixing the bugs Walter pointed out and adding in those teleports could improve maneuverability, and also as you work on this, keep in mind that symmetry can get boring in-game and that texture variation also keeps things interesting. It looks like there's plenty of room to move around and zooming through the map is quite easy, which is exactly what you want in DM. Getting hitched on corners and such is very frustrating and it doesn't seem to be an issue here. Keep it up!

Alright... I fixed the issues walter confalonierie pointed out. (Plane aligned slopes, bigger door ways and teleport to higher tier weapon.)

I'm shit at texturing things, but I'll work on that and adding more power-ups, ammo etc.

I was using gzdoom when I tested. My bad. I thought slopes were okay in zdoom. It now works in Zandronum and Zdoom now.

How do you use bots in Zandronum? (I don't see any options under Create a Server in Doomseeker.) Is this a command line thing?

The old link is the new link. (http://www.mediafire.com/download/3geml8qu5wnj2h0/Symetry.wad)

From the console, just type 'addbot' and that should summon one. In case you want one that isn't always blurting out annoying chat, try 'addbot doomcrate', for example.

Thanks. Dumb as rocks, those bots are. They must not be able to see 3D floors because they just keep moving - in place - like they're not even there.

I added some more pick ups and texture variety in the map. Still not really sure how to use textures effectively.