Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VGamingJunkie

Meet The Doom Guy

It's this little Source Filmmaker animation I thought I'd do where I combine Meet the Pyro with the demon killing madman we all know and love. As I'm a terrible judge of character when it comes to my own works, I thought I might ask you lovely people's opinion on it.

As an experienced watcher of GMod/SFM videos i have to say that your video is quite low in quality and i'm afraid i didn't really found it fun.. You, as you said, just ripped some parts from Meet the Pyro and combined with some (kinda boring) gameplay. That's quite low quality in my opinion..
But that's just my opinion, man..

Is this your first SFM video btw?

Upd: rewatched it and i have to say that the recreation of the Doom's box art at the end of the video is actually kinda cool and well done.

If you're gonna rip something anyway, rip from the Doom Comic. Can't go wrong with that for anything Doom ;-)

Sorry for the double post, but this is seperate.

The part with the gameplay/Doomguy's mind->crap.

You could've just put actual Doom gameplay, it would've made more sense(you know Doomguy sees the guys as demons and such)

Just saying.

Voros said:

Doomguy's mind

No.

Maes said:

No.

I didn't want to put in those exact words, but I had no choice.
And no, I'm not talking about THAT video.

Maybe "Doomguy's Point of View" would have been a better choice of words. In any case, I wanted to make as much of it in SFM as possible, I only really included the HUD as an afterthought because someone suggested it to me at the last minute.

That's why I gave infinite everything so I wouldn't have to keep track of that. XD

I will admit, though, that I had a missed opportunity near the end to use the BFG to wipe out the entire Blue team with one blast but I'm probably not going to redo it because I'm now on a video uploading schedule so I don't want to interfere with that.

It wouldve made a lot more sense, seeing as you were trying to make it resemble Pyro, who sees everything as BABIES, RAINBOWS, CANDY, UNICORNS and the rest.

Doomguy could see things as DEMONS, ROCKS, BLOOD, and the rest, and in pixels too, just to make it unique conpared to the Meet The Pyro video.

This wasn't too good and I agree that you should have used actual Doom gameplay.
The animation's pretty bad and it looks like every other beginner SFM video I've seen. Overall, I'd probably say it's a 3.4/10.

Voros said:

It wouldve made a lot more sense, seeing as you were trying to make it resemble Pyro, who sees everything as BABIES, RAINBOWS, CANDY, UNICORNS and the rest.

Doomguy could see things as DEMONS, ROCKS, BLOOD, and the rest, and in pixels too, just to make it unique conpared to the Meet The Pyro video.

Well, I don't think that would work because Pyro still sees them as the same, just baby versions of themselves. Having it be literally Doom gameplay spliced in would seem jarring, particularly since it's not purely Classic Doom, I have some Doom 2016 elements in there two such as the first two enemies being stunned and "glory killed".

Voros said:

I didn't want to put in those exact words, but I had no choice.
And no, I'm not talking about THAT video.

Which one are you NOT talking about? ;-) There are two of them (though the loud, profane one is the one most people know).

Well, we know Doom Guy can't be a straight up psychopath who takes pleasure out of killing since the only reason he went to the Mars base was assaulting his commanding officer after being told to gun down civilians.

Maes said:

Which one are you NOT talking about? ;-) There are two of them (though the loud, profane one is the one most people know).

The loud one. It makes Doomguy seem like a psychopath.

I mean, even The DOOM Comic's Doomguy had some humanity In him. At least before he found a chaingun.

This actually gave me an idea of how to implement this. I could just make a Doom level version of the Meet the Engineer map, or at least construct enough of the map to where Doom Guy will roam about, fill it with demons, then use Windows Movie Maker to splice in him killing demons and have it flash back and forth between him, in reality, slaughtering TF2 characters. In that sense, it would actually become more like Meet the Pyro. Think that could work as a rerelease of sorts?

MetroidJunkie said:

This actually gave me an idea of how to implement this. I could just make a Doom level version of the Meet the Engineer map, or at least construct enough of the map to where Doom Guy will roam about, fill it with demons, then use Windows Movie Maker to splice in him killing demons and have it flash back and forth between him, in reality, slaughtering TF2 characters. In that sense, it would actually become more like Meet the Pyro. Think that could work as a rerelease of sorts?

Yes.

Yes yes yes.

Cinematography, lighting and editing are all extremely erratic. Methinks OP needs a bit more experience before releasing more work.

Practice makes perfect, GoatLord. What better way to practice than to make SFMs?