Latest Release: v4a
Download: http://files.funcrusher.net/wads/zanxp_b4a.pk3
Experience Rankings: http://www.funcrusher.net/experience/

Experience Rewards
Spoiler

• Kill: 100
  • Double Kill: 100
  • Multi Kill: 150
  • Mega Kill, Ultra Kill, Monster Kill, Ludicrous, Holy Shit (and every multikill beyond): 250
  • Killing Spree: 250
  • Rampage: 500
  • Dominating: 750
  • Unstoppable, Godlike, Wicked Sick (and every 5 kills after): 1,000
  • Take the Flag: 100
  • Return the Flag: 100
  • Capture the Flag: 250
  • Kill as the Flag Carrier: 100
  • Kill the Flag Carrier: 100
  • Win the game: 250
  • Lose the game: 100

Leveling Requirements (Total XP)
Spoiler

• Level 2: 5,000
  • Level 5: 23,840
  • Level 10: 68,040
  • Level 15: 128,240
  • Level 20: 204,440
  • Level 25: 296,640
  • Level 30: 404,840
  • Level 40: 669,240
  • Level 50: 997,640
  • Level 60: 1,390,040
  • Level 70: 1,846,440
  • Level 80: 2,366,840
  • Level 90: 2,951,240
  • Level 100: 3,599,640
  • Level 125: 5,500,640
  • Level 150: 7,801,640
  • Level 175: 10,502,640
  • Level 200: 13,603,640
  • Level 300: 30,007,640
  • Level 400: 52,811,640
  • Level 500: 82,015,640
  • Level 600: 117,619,640
  • Level 700: 159,623,640
  • Level 718: -33,554,431 ... at this point you've broken my Experience Points to Level function and should probably consider another hobby.

So this mod tracks experience points that a player accumulates. Currently, you are rewarded for kills, multikills and killing sprees. There are also a few CTF actions that you are rewarded for, such as taking and capturing the flag. You get a bonus for participating in a game and a bigger bonus for winning. And if you are logged into your ingame user account via the new Zandronum accounts feature, your total experience points for a match are added to your experience total.

I am currently running this mod on most of my public FUNCRUSHER DM, TDM and CTF servers. You can register for an account here. Once registered, to log into your account while you're ingame, simple drop to the console and type in login <username> <password> (a better interface is coming in Zandronum 3.0, stay tuned...). You can check your experience ranking for NJ FUNCRUSHER here.

Server owners, to enable experience points on your server, simply set the authhostname variable to auth.zandronum.com:16666. You should also set databasefile to the database file that you want to use to record experience points into. Experience points are currently local to a server cluster, but I am working on a utility to sync them between servers, so stay tuned...

This mod has been tested with FFA, TDM and CTF. It is not compatible with LMS or TLMS yet. I also wouldn't run this mod with zandrospree either, as this mod implements re-implements the flashy spree messages in order to reliably tie experience to them.

This is most excellent, will certainly be implementing this into the Doomshack.org cluster soon.

Pardon my ignorance, but Level 100 is enough IMHO

It seems to be structured similarly to ZDaemon experience points. The highest ranked ZD player is currently level 27085 with 5416799 points, so it's understandable that it can potentially go up this high.

What I miss is a "frags by weapon" percentage, and what would be great is a frags/deaths tally. Using the BFG to EXP whore is fun, but it would be nice if actual amount of players killed was tracked too.

Doomkid said:

What I miss is a "frags by weapon" percentage, and what would be great is a frags/deaths tally. Using the BFG to EXP whore is fun, but it would be nice if actual amount of players killed was tracked too.

I am not exactly sure how one could pull this off, considering so many customizable weapon mods available today.... The only thing I could think of is a DECORATE property specifically for Zandronum, but I don't think this is the proper way to handling that request at the fullest....

For example:

ACTOR TheNewAmazingBFGExclamationMark : BFG [some DoomED]
{
  // code here...
   +Weapon.Stats.BFG
  // More code here...
}

I have thought of this before actually, as the majority of duel and DM is still done with classic guns, I think an "other" category would be sufficient to account for mods and such, but that could end up being a lot of work for not much gain. Regardless, I always found the readouts very interesting back when ZD still had them - SSG and BFG were the most used weapons for many players, but it was still cool to get nuanced little percentages and such!

Doomkid said:

Given the prevalence of weapon mods, I'm not so sure it's feasible to implement in the general case. Also, the method I am using to keep track of frags - EVENT scripts - don't keep track of the means of death at this moment, and my previous attempts at tracking frags through DEATH scripts proved error-prone. Sounds like something for a tracker ticket.

As for a frags/deaths tally, I do recognize that this is a oft-requested feature, but Experience Points are meant to be a silly, meaningless number. If I added K:D ratios, I might be discouraging players from logging in if they're feeling like they're having an "off" day and don't want to mess their K:D ratio up. Given how little use the Duel ELO system has gotten compared to the unranked duel server, I feel like my concerns are not entirely unfounded either.

Level 27085 does sound quite stupid. At this point it's like there is no satisfaction from increasing your level, whereas going from 95 to 96 still feels like a big deal.

kuchitsu said:

Level 27085 does sound quite stupid. At this point it's like there is no satisfaction from increasing your level, whereas going from 95 to 96 still feels like a big deal.

A better question would be: But who cares? Why do you think most ranked players still played brit10 when the playerlimit was 8 back then?

kuchitsu said:

I disagree - my actual level is not what I've ever cared about, but rather my rank relative to peers. Levels could go up to a million for all I care.